Front discs n pads £?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by drc12369, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Just wondering how much you guys pay for a full set of front discs n pads? On 250,265 & 275's. I've heard some horror stories

2. Depends if you're going oem or aftermarket?

You can the oem brembo cup discs for £150ish, the same discs from Renault are £250ish. Oem pads are about £50ish.

None oem brembo high carbon discs are £200ish and for example ferodo ds2500 pads are £160ish.

Not that bad to be fair.

3. So your saying you can get a full set of front discs and pads for as little as £200? I must of been on the wrong websites lol I've seen prices over £1000

4. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

I can help with your brake parts, can supply various options depending on use and budget. I have discs, pads, pin kits, fluid etc on the shelf , all as mentioned above Renault and Brembo discs, Brembo oe pads and the Ferodo Racing range. Get in touch via PM if want any help or info, cheers

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Plain Brembos can be had for £130, Its the only option for them now IMO.

Don't bother with 2 piece discs either unless your spending top dollar on proper ones. The cheaper ones aint worth the cash.

6. Yes you can definitely get brakes and pads for less than a £1000.

Even if you go to Renault parts direct, who are cheaper than Renault themselves but still a little dearer than other places, but you know you're getting genuine parts from them! They have the cup discs at £250 and then pads at around £50 if I remember correctly.

Like Jamie said above you can get the discs for £130 and the oem pads for around £50.

You've definitely been looking at the wrong places! Lol

7. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RPD is under 200 quid for Cup fronts and rears, More for plain mind you

8. Oh are they, I thought they were £250 for the cup fronts.

My mistake!

9. So about £550 for discs and pads from RPD. Why are the rears more expensive?

10. Because they have bearings and the ABS rings in there, fronts don't

11. So £300 is all I'd need for front discs n pads.. good. That grand a time horror story I'd been fed was putting me off buying the car.
    The more I look around, the more I read, the more film I watch, I just can't see me buying anything else.
    Thanks fellas

12. Ah I had no idea. Thanks.

13. I bought a set of plain Brembo disc's for £85 each from a local car parts supplier but my pads were £338 :sunglasses:

14. I wish I'd know you could get cup front discs so cheap. I bought Grooved fronts for £195 on ebay last week.

15. sen

sen

Probably cheapest on eBay.
    I got quoted 300 for front discs and pads fitted but eBay did the discs and pads for 140 and I fitted them myself. I have a 225 mind you but I imagine eBay will be cheapest for a 250 too.