French pressed number plates

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Dan, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Dan

Dan

Hi,
    Has anyone got 'French metal pressed number plates' on their car? (Photo please)

And can you buy French number plate surrounds?

Thanks

2. I have UK legal pressed plates.
    [​IMG]

3. I have just bought some too, used Alex at elite car care. £40 for a set posted.

4. Dan

Dan

Where did you get the number plate surround?

5. I made the surround myself. I was gonna start making then to sell on here/ eBay but couldn't be bothered.

6. I may be interested

7. Dan

Dan

Let me how how much....

8. I'll price a few sets up if I can for you guys.

9. Cheers I'm sure I've seen them before somewhere they look different

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I must admit I do like the number plate surround.

11. Dem nice....do it pal.

12. If I can get the surrounds they'll be priced in the region of £15 a set plus post. So about £17 total ish. Which is the same as the VAG equivalents on eBay with the best quality surround available. But it all depends on numbers and break even, obviously I don't want to produce them at a loss.

So I'll keep those interested posted so if you are interested pop your name below:

13. 1.eggcakes

14. 1.eggcakes
    2.gjonmat
    hell yer :-)

15. I keep considering pressed plates but am put off by the fact people seem to always get pulled with em

16. I've never been pulled with mine but mine are legal anyway

17. Ive heard so many stories most people saying police dont know whats legal and what isnt also my mot tester is a bit anal so hed probably try failing me on them

18. my mot guy fitted my decat so i have nooo problems :smile:

19. I'll have a set

20. Interested in the surrounds.

21. I will take a set as need some as my private plate is on retention

22. Dan

Dan

Put me down...

24. If it is legal it will have the BS Mark, and the manufacturer's name and postcode on.

25. Is this just for the back ? Do you need smaller plates and how are they stuck on i might get some pressed ones

26. Back and front mate, standard UK legal size, frame goes onto car and then plate into frame.

27. I need some this week as changing plate

28. Do you get frame also?

29. It's just the surrounds. Plates are £20-40 for the pair. Off eBay.

30. I just been on dubmeister website 33 quid a pair I'm tempted if the surrounds are done I'll go for it I think

31. I'm just waiting on an email back from a supplier then I'll be able to let you guys know A) if it's viable B) lead times.

32. Cheers chris your a star

33. Any update on this Chris ? Need some plates pronto

34. Ditto mate
    i want them surrounds with the dieppe adress on them
    also any pics of the front of yours mate?

35. Hi guys yeah I can get them but minimum order is 100 plate surrounds so 50 pairs. Which I'm willing to take a risk on but I'm skint untill the end of this month as I put in zero overtime the previous month. Turn around is two weeks after order completion from my side.

36. I'll have a set when they're ready so put me on the list please mate

37. No worries there will be plenty. I'll start a separate thread in the group buy section when they're ready.

38. Ill be up for some too.

If you want to put them over on turboRenault.co.uk I think so of the guys would be interested too. `