FF Megane RS250, cup chassis, xenons, recaros 49k miles £9750

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Nick-ST, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Sorry if my advert seems OTT but I have purely copied it from Ebay.

For sale I have my much loved Renault Sport Megane RS250 full fat with the all important cup chassis.

I waited for just over a year for this spec car to come along. Being the full fat model instead of the cup, you get all of the luxury items such as,
    • Bluetooth
    • Cruise Control
    • Heated folding electric mirrors
    • Rear parking sensors
    It then has the 3 most important optional extra upgrades,
    • Cup chassis, which includes slightly stiffer suspension but most importantly the LSD. Without the LSD these cars are just another average hot hatchback.
    • Xenon light pack, this includes the LED DRL's in the lower part of the front bumper and then of course the fantastic xenon headlights. These move with the steering wheel as well, probably just about the best headlights I have had on a car,
    • Leather bucket Recaro seats, these speak for themselves, they look fantastic and are super comfy as well as supportive.

The car is in superb condition with only very small chips on the front bumper as you would expect with any 8 year old car with 49k miles on the clock. There are no dents, scratches or scuffs anywhere on the paintwork, it really is a credit to the previous owners and myself. If you are being very picky then you will see a couple of the alloys have scuff marks on them, please see photos for a better idea.

The interior is clean, tidy and smoke free. No pets ever go near the car. The stunning leather Recaros are also in superb condition with little to no bolster wear. I have a Recaro seat cover which I leave on at all times. Everything works as it should, air conditioning is ice cold.

The car has covered just under 49k miles and is mechanically spot on. Backed by a full service history with plenty of receipts. Most recent service was May this year. She starts first time every time as you would expect, no nasty noises etc. I have recently had 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted along with brand new front discs & pads, genuine Renault parts. Whilst the brakes were being changed I also had the brake fluid renewed. The all important cambelt has been done back in 2016 with receipt for this work included. Auxiliary belt has also been renewed. The car has been absolutely faultless in my ownership, I had to have a MAP sensor changed at a grand total cost of £16 a few months back. The clutch is still very strong with a nice low biting point. Always run on 99ron fuel in my ownership, again receipts to prove.

The car is a rare standard model with no modifications apart from a centre silencer delete to give a tiny bit more noise than standard. This makes no difference to cabin noise except when accelerating hard. In my opinion it sounds a heck of a lot better than a lot of the expensive aftermarket exhausts. Please see Youtube for videos if you are unsure of the difference.

All the correct documentation is present, V5, Renault service book pack. Receipts for all previous work carried out. The car is currently on the private registration RS05 WAY, this can be included as part of the sale for the right price. Alternatively I can have it reverted back to its original plate of NL60 YXR. Two original key fobs also present.

The car has no hidden secrets and is HPI clear. I still have the HPI check that I purchased when I bought the car if you wish to see. Any AA/RAC inspection is welcome. I will perform any test drives unless you can provide proof of full comp insurance on my car.

If you wish to know any further information or have more photos then please just ask, the price is £9750 or nearest offer. However I am not in a rush to sell so please don't waste my time with derogatory offers, I am only selling due to getting a company car.
    I am located a few miles from Felixstowe but work in Ipswich so viewing is possible in either place.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      3.9 MB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      5.1 MB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      4.9 MB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      4.7 MB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      4.1 MB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      4.2 MB
      Views:
    Genty likes this.
  2. BUMP! Still for sale

3. Would of Bit your arm off for this back in September, but got one now.

Purely wrong time of year to sell these. Once the weathers warms up next year around April/may u won’t have trouble selling this for that sort of price

4. Yeah you are definitely right there. Having loads of enquiries and a few derisory offers but struggling to get anyone to commit etc.

Had a viewing yesterday that I thought would go places. He loved the car and was really pleased with it but he thinks the Recaros gave him back ache, anyone ever heard of people struggling with the leather Recaro seats?

5. I find the Recaros extremely comfortable, but everyone is different. I would advertise it after crimbo

6. Yeah same here. I have friends with the same seats in Focus RS's as well and they find them very comfortable. It is fine if it takes a month to sell as I am in no rush but yeah I agree it is unlikely to sell now before the new year

7. They look like they will be bad but actually very comfortable.

Nick-ST likes this.
  8. Yeah that was my thought! Starting to get very frustrated by time wasters to be honest! Never had this many in all of the years I have sold cars!

9. What's some of the comedy gold lines people have been coming out with? Will you take 6 grand for it, can I Px a diesel van towards it:tearsofjoy:

10. Well it's not so much the comedy gold it has just been people clearly wasting time. I have had about 3 people make me an offer which I have then accepted for them to either not come back to me or then come back with some stupid excuse like I have seen another one tonight (bearing in mind I have started talking to these people at like 6pm). They then say they will think about it and yet again never come back.

The viewing I had on Saturday which I thought went really well and he seemed to like the car. He changed his mind after getting home due to the car having poor visibility making it hard to park and the seats giving him back ache, which I mentioned earlier. I do genuinely believe him in fairness as he had traveled a fair distance on public transport at a significant cost. But to me, the visibility isn't even that bad and whenever you drive a different car it takes a few days to adapt. And when he test drove it he left the seat in my position even though he was nearly half a foot shorter than me. Which to me its no wonder he had back ache! He must have been stretching his legs big time!

I have been offered other cars worth pittance amounts of money in px even though in the advert I have clearly stated I am getting a company car. Had a couple of offers of 8 & 8.5k.

Such a shame as it really is a lovely example and someone is going to get a bargain even at 9.5k!

Rant over! (for now) :tearsofjoy:

11. I feel your pain. Pretty much what I’ve had. Even been offered a Transporter with cash his way.
    As everyone is saying it’s the time of year but I personally don’t get it.
    I think if advertised in 2 months time you (and I) could ask more and get it with sensible buyers.

12. Yeah definitely. More than one person has said that, including a dealer. I am just hoping with people being off over the christmas break someone will come along who is genuine and has some money :tearsofjoy:

13. Suddenly after Christmas they’ll all be millionaires again or looking to spend the 10 grand great granny Nora gave them for being such a nice boy.

imprezaworks likes this.
  14. Fingers crossed!!!

15. Have you tried WeBuyAnyCar? I was trying to sell my M3 a couple of months back and had random offers.

Finally got a dealer to give me £1500 more in trade against the Megane. He told me it was WBAC +£500. I checked and he was right. That was a late plate, low miles, low owners car. But did not have good spec so ticked the WBAC boxes better than the private buyers who wanted Comp Pack.

So worth a check. Sets your bottom limit.

16. Trade prices on these are ridiculously low. Especially taking in to consideration the high specs. A buyer will emerge but unfortunately not likely until the new year.

17. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I really don't get it, it's perfect spec and the exact one I'd go for if I was after one.

FatRS likes this.
  18. Deposit taken

Feirny, Genty and FatRS like this.
  19. What did you take for it in the end? Good to get a sale at a bad time off year

20. Yeah I was pleased to get rid at such an awkward time of year. I got less than I wanted but I think just about the best I would get unless I waited another month or so.

21. Not sure you would have done much better as the months went on unless you withdrew & reposted. Don't really see cars go up in price unless a classic or convertible.

But you did well at this time of year. Congrats. What's the replacement?

22. I dont think he means its value would go up like a classic might, I think he was getting at the old "supply and demand" thing.

Nick-ST likes this.
  23. Good to meet you Nick and thanks for today. First impressions are everything I expected with more to come. Those seats are brilliant, two hour drive and fresh as when I got in them.

Nick-ST likes this.
  24. Car now sold and collected!

Mikeyjp likes this.