Favour to ask - those with the Megane 3 RS Monitor

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by -Chris-, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Molesyy, I sold Nigelo the code 280340023R which is play & play for the RS250.

If when you get in the car the monitor comes up with 'Renault Sport' then yes you have the RS Monitor. If it doesn't then you don't.

It can be reset as sometimes requires the click again for disclaimer. Press both the buttons (the ones used for changing between CD/Aux/Phone) at the same time. Depending on the car set-up / model this is sometimes the stalk controls / audio source. Then appears some warning/code of conduct thing and you click ok.

But if you don't see Renault Sport your wasting time.

2. EAndy I just ordered the 280345867R since the 1st one is not available anymore.
    Should I expect to program it via CLIP ?
    Can we find somewhere the procedure to program it ?

3. By rights, it should be plug & play - based on people here having retro fitted one. Renault said the one you have ordered is the replacement for the one nigelo has. Only, it's never been tested. Jamie's is the same number as mine, yet his is an RS monitor and mine isn't. Confusing to say the least.

I really hope it works out for you. If it does, I'll be placing an order for sure.

Did they say it would come from France? They told me it would be non returnable as a result. Not sure if you're aware of that.

4. Yes they said it will be non returnable.
    I guess i'll just have to see. It would be really stupid to replace one part with another and not being able to work as previous.
    It will take about 3 weeks for the item to arrive, but until then i will dig up on how to program it.

5. After a month of trial i haven't managed to make it work. I tried with DDT2000 and it seems the display has no software and no calibration written inside. I have tried with a clip but without success...
    I have returned the item to get my money back and buy an already programmed display.

6. Thanks for trying though. Shame it didn't work.

I take it you're looking to buy a second hand unit now?

7. Im very interested in putting RS Monitor in my 250 cup but with so many versions and part numbers, is there a definite one as to which will plug and play and actually work? TIA

8. Read the thread ... they tried. It's sadly not (really) possible.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Shame, i'd love to do this in my new one when i get it.

Molesyy likes this.
  10. I know this is an old post but just a question in the RS monitor thing, 4A859129-8690-45F0-A1CC-7316B8D6380F.jpeg this is what I have, so do I have this RS monitor thing as I can not find it it’s tomtom
    Thanks for the help

11. If it's got it, there should be a checkered flag icon on the main page of the screen. If you press UP on the little control stick and then click the stick in, it should go into RS Monitor if you have it.

12. Oh not on mine just the tomtom Carminat

13. I am not sure if Andy can reply to me, but I have found this display 280340023R as used, can I use it in my Clio RS200 MK3?