Fast road front brake set up

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by BEEFTEC, Nov 27, 2016.

1. ...or India.

2. ...or India.

3. Or even Italy?

Well thats what says it says on the box of the brand new ones I have.

Does anyone know if the OEM are directional please as the new ones I have are both the same?

4. OEM rotors are identicale left and right (nonsense).

You can get them from Brembo, cod.
    09.A752.20(slotted)
    I sell them for € 245 shipped.

I'm currently using DSUno with stock rotors, I'm still considering what to do on the next, if Reyland, PFC V3, girodisc...or just get another set of cheap Brembo. And I want to try 08 PFC pads.

BIG E likes this.
  5. For what its worth back in the day, I overheated lots of sets of 1144s on the road and decided to try 1155s--Slight amount of warm up needed but after that perfect, and no over heating at all! I wouldn't use 1144s for fast road use and deffo not track use!
    During the spring months ive got some ds 2500 to try, so ill pass on my comments then re them!

6. I had a look on the Brembo site and on one of the opening pages it differentiates between Standard discs and HC discs. Listed for the MK3 RS there are two almost identical HC grooved discs but one has a special UV coating but which looks to be under development, they are confusingly both listed though as the same Renault part Number. 402060019R. If I enter this into Google it comes up with what almost certainly looks to be the OEM Cup grooved disc.

7. Having DS2500's fitted front and rear tomorrow with new Renault drilled front and rear discs, want to keep the oem look, current setup front HC solids and rear drilled with DS Performance pads, had these fitted around 3 years now and always squeal on fronts in slow traffic. Don't track, only normal to fast road use.

Do DS2500's squeal once bedded in?

8. Just ordered some from ASP. 1.5l of motul Rbf600 and a set of PF Z rated Megane R26 pads £141 all in. Great price.

BIG E likes this.
  9. I've just ordered my third and fourth sets of Renault cup pads from the fantastic Renault Wolverhampton. £100 a set delivered, fappin bargain.

Ideal for road and ok on track, I think the fade people talk about is the fluid eg when the pedal gets long.

Lap times are bloody good considering it's a totally standard car with a terribly untalented driver - 57's on the Indy circuit at brands is excellent.