Facelifting a 250 to 275 front end – anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Somnambulist, Jul 3, 2017.

1. So I've been thinking about facelifting my 250 to facelift 265/275 front end spec. I've tried searching but can't seem to find anything on anyone attempting this.

I'm guessing it's new bumper, headlights, bonnet, and potentially wings. Has anyone ever tried it or looked into it?

Looking at second hand parts prices, I reckon this could be done for around £1,500, assuming that all the fixings are still the same for the lights and bumper. Would be a damn sight cheaper then selling up and paying another £5K+ to get into a newer Megane with the latest front end.

2. But why? :smiley:

Semtax likes this.
  3. I would have thought it was just bumper and bonnet, did not think the wings were different, more to the point where are you going to get a 275 front end? I have been looking for a blade and drls for ages

4. I looked in to this a while ago and I was told the wings are different which surprised me

5. 275`s lights look better..but that fkn tonka toy, comedy oversized renault badge, ruins it.

Jimbob 2705 and GrumpyTwig like this.
  6. Each to there own but I wouldn't spend £150 making the front look a bit different let alone £1,500! The amount of hookers and blow you could get for that ffs!

grantw and jack250 like this.
  7. And there was me thinking these sort of mods were never questioned on this forum.......

Well done fellas, fully agree. What's your view on expensive carbon bonnets?

8. If you had a car you'd understand....lol

9. It's not something I'm looking to do right now, but I do prefer the front end on the 275 over the 250 and it's probably the only reason I could see myself changing in the future. If the difference in values close then it might not be worth it, but given the current gap I'd be looking at over £5K to get into a 265/275 with the newer front end.

Appreciate some of you may not agree with it, but if we all had the same taste life would be boring :smiley: Was just interested to see if anyone had tried it before.

10. You have serious beef with modified cars don't you? My view on carbon bonnets is that I probably wouldn't bother but, if someone else wants one, then good luck to them. I can't say I have the time to worry too much about what other people do to their cars....unlike you it seems...

I'd certainly sit on the idea for a while. It might be that, if you keep your eyes open and collect the parts over a period, that you could do it without a huge outlay in one go. I think the facelift will come down in price and make it more viable to switch though. When I was looking for my car earlier this year, I found a 16 plate Cup-S with stacks of options and only 100 miles on the clock for £17,000. They were doing good lease deals on the Cup-S too, so you might find that they are quite good value in a year or two.

sunnylunn likes this.
  11. He was hoping you'd agree with him, getting more bitter and twisted by the minute, he might understand when he buys his first car .....lol

12. As mentioned, the 265/275 front lights with the upper blacked out top blades adds a nice bit of front end aggression.

13. Daz

Daz

Ph1 of any Renault looks the best fact!

14. I have to agree that the MOHASSIVE front badge spoils the face lift for me, shame they seem to have gone EVEN BIGGER on the mk4