F4rt

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Jdrummo31, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Does anyone know if the F4RT goes in the clio 172 and if so how much you looking at?

2. Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys I do apologise

3. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

It will if you have the cash.

You can put the Megane head and internals on the Clio block. That's probably the easiest and cheapest way.

To put the whole engine in you will need to put the gearbox in too. Not an easy fit. Will require fabrication. It has been done before though. Andy RG on cliosport has done it. (I think that's his username).

4. This sounds promising. I don't want to fork all that money out for turbo kits when I have a donor car that's all

5. What I want to know if is there's a 4WD conversion for our megs.

6. Cro

Cro

Drill and tap megane block to fit 182 box, need to be thinking about standalone management though. Other than that fits grand

7. Haha if only.

8. So your saying slam the clio gearbox on the meg and you're good? You sound like you've done this

9. Well those godawful scenic "4x4s" must be dirt cheap, and I thought the scenic was based on the Meg.

10. Sorry i thought u said 197

11. Surely the diffs couldn't handle the power

12. No worries mate

13. Surely the diffs couldn't handle the power

14. Chsnge the internals of the diff? I don't know, this is all hypothetical. If there's a V6 version of that god awful car maybe they'd be tough enough.

15. 4wd megane would be a monster especially with some tuning 300+ ponies

16. Hmmm true. I did read a project once. It was a mk1 focus RS and they were making it 4wd using the kuga running gear. Don't know if it was ever completed

17. Agreed. Or clio. Both be monsters

18. I saw an ST170 with Cosworth YB (woo, local engine legends!) longitudinally mounted and RWD.

19. Going to have a word with RS tuning about this conversion and then at e that could be a future project

20. Cro

Cro

Done a few conversions in my time, most recent is megane into 197, my thread is on here. But yeah needs drilled and tapped but after that it fits fine, few mods to the plastic for boost pipes I'd imagine and upgrade things like the heat shield and a link pipe to the exhaust and you're laughing. Paul at rs tuning might be able to map standard software but something like Omex would work out much cheaper, cost me 400 for mine and made a loom myself to run itb's on a 182

21. I've read your thread it's quality. You know your stuff. Unfortunately I'm not as clued up as you so I wouldn't be able to knock up a loom so I'd have to see what Paul could do for me.