250 Electric seat memory

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Gavin., Feb 12, 2018.

1. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Anyone ever experienced any issues with the memory, all the motors work and it beeps to indicate a position has been saved but wont do anything when a button is pressed to recall that memory.

2. Didn't even realise the seats had a memory function, apart from when you pull the handle to allow entry to the back seats and it slides forwards then backwards once the seat is down again.

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Yeah theres three buttons with raised dots, if you press and hold one on the buttons it stores and if moved you can recall it.

4. So that's what that is! Lol.

If you're poking about under the drivers seat, and you get a chance, there's a smaller connector and wires apart from the main loom ... . Could you see where it comes from? Thanks!

5. Had my seat out the other day in search for an airbag light. The small connector doesn't go anywhere, the only connector on my seat is the yellow one. Mislead me at first as I thought that could be my airbag problem.

Heated seats and movement all work through that one yellow connector.

Nigelo likes this.
  6. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Oh this started working again after letting someone in the back of the car, random.

7. Really appreciate you checking that for me! Just need to convince my local Renault dudes to enable it then via CLiP....

crowdie likes this.
  8. The three position button is for the seat heater on my car not for memory positions?

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

That's the roller, these are actual buttons on the side

10. Yes thank you Gavin ive just found them and they work, well move the seat into very strange positions excellent only had the car a year n a half.

Gavin. likes this.
  11. On a side note these seats were added to my car and wired directly to the battery so you won't need clip to activate them as i didnt

Nigelo likes this.
  12. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Set it in a position you want and press and hold a button, it’s stores it in that memory [emoji6]

13. Sweet thank you Gavin.

14. Hi Colin! Does that apply to the seat heating too?
    Do you get the seat heating lights appearing on the dash when you turn them on?

15. Yes heating too but not dash lights.

16. Forgot to mementi Nigelo the seatbelts warning and the airbag lights are both working fine.

17. Ah dear, sounds like something amiss with mine then.... was yours a sport with cup pack (keyless + digital climate control) or a plain cup?

18. No Nigelo mines a fluence with all the megane rs goodies. Its basically a megane saloon.

Nigelo likes this.
  19. Oh, that sounds cool! I suspect that might be what is accounting for our differences in experience though!!!:smile:

20. Well the basic construction is the same as I've used the original loom to plug into the seats with the addition of power as the original seat wasn't powered. Everything works other than the heated seat lights on the dash thats probably a wiring issue in my car, dont think its a clip issue. I think you might have either faulty wiring in your seat or a dud memory unit.?