R26 EFI Remap

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dale1uk, Apr 14, 2018.

1. At 8 this morning I set off on a 3hr drive south from Newcastle to Runcorn to see Chris at EFI Parts and get my R26 remapped. The car was originally mapped back in 2014 by one of its previous owners at K-TEC, however they didn't scale the 630cc injectors in correctly resulting in my fuel gauge and MFD not reading true. The car drove OK but I suspected it was running rich and it wasn't the smoothest in its power delivery.
    I got down to EFI Parts and Chris strapped the car down on the dyno and did a power run to see how it performed in its current state of tune. It pulled a good 286bhp and 320ft lbs and as suspected was running overly rich.
    Chris commented that the engine was strong and explained that he would lower the torque to nearer 300ft lbs and lean it off slightly and hopefully gain some bhp.
    Chris worked his magic and after some tweaking the car pulled a great 296.6hp and 307ft lbs. Boost levels has been lowered slightly but now holds on for longer. The car now pulls alot smoother and stronger at the top end. Chris mentioned that this is the strongest Mk2 Megane he's had on his dyno running a stock turbo :sunglasses:

All in all I'm extremely pleased and would highly recommend Chris at EFI Parts if you're in need of any mapping work.

Dyno graphs to follow

Canky and Ian Hughes like this.
  2. Results of the mapping session:

20180414_182208.jpg

Before (K-Tec map in red) and after (EFI map in black)
    IMG-20180414-_WA0003.jpg

Mikey4410 and Ian Hughes like this.
  3. For reference my engine modifications are as follows:

K-Tec induction kit
    630cc injectors
    K-Tec 3" turbo back exhaust system including de-cat
    Forge intercooler
    Properfekt recirculation valve

Mikey4410 likes this.
  4. Pretty bloody good dude.superb dyno graph.

5. Yeah lovely graph now but I’d be surprised if that’s still on a stock turbo, far more likely hybridised or a 250 turbo for that power and torque.

6. Yeah, really happy with it

I'm 99% certain it's still on the stock turbo. For a start I'd expect that a 250 or hybrid turbo would have the potential to go over 300hp and pull to the redline, whereas mine won't. Also when I bought it it came with full history and invoices for 1000s of pounds work of work (£5k at K-Tec alone) and there's no mention of an uprated turbo in any of the paperwork. The engine was rebuilt by K-Tec in 2014 (in standard form) so is relatively fresh compared to a 10yr old engine with loads of miles on it.