Dropped

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by DoubleD, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Hi all. Just thought I'd update on a few bits that I had done.

My car needed some new brakes. I decided to go OEM and after a few messages to George at RTR this little lot arrived. I hadnt realised how big the discs were on the Megane!
    20171230_190850.jpg

New discs going on. Also had new drop links fitted at the same time which seems to have cured a small amount of knocking that I had.

20180115_140535.jpg
    I have always thought that the RS rode a bit too high. After lots of thought and studying images of other cars I opted for some cooksport springs. So had these fitted at the same time. This is how the car looked straight after fitting.
    20180115_161201.jpg

And this is how it looks now everything has had chance to settle.

20180128_141459.jpg

20180128_133231.jpg

20180128_141436.jpg

Got to say that I am very happy with the results. You can feel that the car is a little closer to the road, but the comfort level hasnt really changed much. I think the ride height is now perfect. Just looking forward now to some nicer weather and a bit more daylight so that I can really see how it all feels.

2. that ride height looks perfect..funny how all meganesports ride so high.
    My R26 looks ridiculous on lower offset wheels, with standard ride height.

3. Yeah, i think its only a 25mm drop, but it makes a huge difference to the look of the car.

4. My neighbour asked me today if I had changed something on the car. Its subtle but obviosly noticable.