Drop link , anti rotation links

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jaysport, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Afternoon all, I have developed a knocking noise on the front of my trophy, I have replaced the hub bearing so I no it's not that, on looking it seems to be coming from the tie rod knuckle so that is coming out and being swapped, but Whilst I have it apart again was going to replace the drop links etc,
    can someone please tell me what the differ at ones are called ,?
    The longer ones vertical on the strut and the lower links on the wish bone ? Just want to make sure I order the correct ones. Cheers in advance

2. The lower shorter ones that connect to the wishbone are the anti rotational links, the long ones that connects to the shock absorber is the drop link.

Hope that helps mate :wink:

3. The long one is your droplink which goes from shocker to anti roll bar

4. As said the longer are drop links.
    I had a knock on mine when going over bumps and rough ground.
    Bought two lemforder ones from ECP for about £15 each with 30% discount with a code you can find online, (SP30) I think, which cured the problem for me:smile:
    I think the anti-rotation links are Renault only at £50 a pop!? Or there's a French company like ECP that sell them for £27 each but they don't get very good reviews, Deliveries missing etc.

5. Thanks for your help guys , will have a look into it,
    I just figure if I have to have it apart it may as well get treated ,

6. Changed an anti rotation link on mine at the weekend, cost me £15 from German & Swedish. Part number 427RE0170

7. And it's identical? What website was that on mate I have droplinks bt will order them at that price so there all new

8. Yes mate, it went on no problem. Changed one of mine as had to cut it off when I had my springs fitted and didn't want to pay the Renault price. http://m.gsfcarparts.com/427re0170

9. Spot on mate thanks :d

10. No probs mate