Drivers side Drive shaft noise?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Losi_8_boy, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Only when I pull away or driving slowly but it's a very light tinny scratch click sound. Anyone else had the same noise? And I assume its a new shaft time?

cheers

2. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Worth checking the label on the driveshafts sometimes peels off slightly and makes a clicking noise.

3. Only click 3/5 times and first time you pull off? If so it could just be ABS sensor test

4. It's not the test for abs that is quieter. It's Deffo cv related, I thought it was the clip for the boot come loose and catching the hub as it's a very fine tinny click but it's all connected fine

5. If you reverse does it many clicking noises? Does sound like what you are saying

6. Yup. Reverse it happens too.

7. Local garage want 3 hours labour for swapping this over... What's the turn around for swapping one? Surely 3 hours is a bit strong

8. Sounds about right really , maybe 2hr

9. Yeah 2/3 hrs is about right really

10. My garage charged me approx. £70 . . .

Let me know if it solves the issue because I'm having the same clicking noise (on full lock either way under load) and new drive shaft hasn't cured it.

11. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Can someone explain this abs testing thing?

When I first get in my car in the morning, I reverse out my space and then drive forward with half lock and I get a knock that knocks about 3 or 4 times. Very quite knock though. That is the only time it will make the knock.

12. That's sounds like the abs test talked about but mine has never done it or I haven't heard it

13. Yeah mate abs test. As a test just after you pull off and it does the noise drive back into your space and don't turn engine off. The noise shouldn't happen again . As it'll only do once after you turn the engine on

14. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Yh I've done that. Repeated my course and it didn't happen. I just thought it was something that had seized and was freeing as I moved.