R26 double din fascia fitting

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by matt e, Dec 25, 2014.

1. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

2. There are quite a few different fascia's , there should be no need to cut any other part of the trim . I had a nightmare fitting mine going single din instead. Good luck anyway.

3. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Same facia I got, all I did was cut the middle out and it fit.

4. matt e

ill give it another go tomorrow

5. matt e

6. matt e

can you clear some privates messages, i need to pm you

7. I got that facia .. It doesn't sit flush.. Mind on top of the edges.

8. ive seen the double din fitting kit on ebay for £32. is this really needed?

9. I think it would help greatly. I didn't buy it wish I did. Just completely licked me out. A lot of money tho.

10. the unit im buying has the cage, with it, ive ordered that fascia surround thingy, so was wondering this is needed

11. Put the link up of the fitting kit that is on eBay. I will have a look.

12. What wiring harness do i need to for a double din head unit? I have the cabasse changer thing in mine

13. matt e

the head unit will come with the wiring harness, you wont be able to use the cd changer though

you only need a harness if you want to use the steering wheel controls

15826283878_7fdb033725_c.jpg Apline steering wheel control by mattageaton, on Flickr

what headunit are you getting and what megane do you have?

14. got a 06 225. With the cabasse system.with the changer in the boot. heard it's not as each as pull out and plug in like normal