R26 Door Handle Covers

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by idontknow, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Anyone used these covers (or similar?)

Mine are flaking and thinking these, maybe painted) would be an easier option than removing existing and painting them?

2. Can't believe it, no replies? It's such a riveting subject too... I think they actually add 30 bhp to the car and reduce fuel consumption by 7 mpg

3. Just peeled the flaking bits off mine and painted the original handles. If everything works as it should then it only takes a few mins to remove the handles. Flick the lever in the door, pull the lock out and slide the handle back and out.

4. ok, will see how tricky it is first to refurb existing

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

buy a set of handles off ebay and paint them

6. I think I've still got a spare set somewhere if you wanted to paint them and then swap over

7. Yeah go on then, how much do you want for them?

8. Let me check I've still got them when I get home, I know I don't have the little lock cover for the passengers side but that doesn't need to be on for them to work, so you can just take yours off when you paint. £15 plus postage? Can't remember what I paid for them tbh!

9. Actually, as its just the end lock part thats the issue I found these on ebay which I might see if they work for a couple of quid first as I am a lazy git in reality.. hence looking at covers first. If they look rubbish then I'll come back to you, is that ok? Sorry to mess you about