250 Disks and Pads

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by crowdie, Oct 15, 2018.

1. I need to replace my discs and pads on the front of my 250.

Looking at ECP I can get the front disks for £180 on ECP (10474623A - High carbon slotted vented).

The Brembo pads for these are £37.79.

The reason I'm replacing them is I cooked them on the track. I'm planning to do one or two track days next year so figure it might be worth putting a little bit more money into pads, but not something silly like £180 as they will be wasted on me.

Is there a good middle ground pad recommendation that sits between brembos and extreme track day stuff?

2. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

The Mintex M1144 are a decent cost effective upgrade for road and odd/light track use, without going to the more track focused compounds

Send me a PM with your post code and i'll get a quote/some info together for you . I can supply the Brembo discs, pads, pins fluid, lines etc @crowdie

3. Cheers George, have PM'd

Anyone had any experience with these Mintex? Also looking at Performance Z rated.

Another option for disks I've come across are KTEC platinum edition. Same price as the Brembos but unsure whether they will be better or worse...

4. Contact Alyn AS Performance for all your brake requirements.

Stockist of all the best brake parts and brake fluids at good prices.

Order tomorrow and it'll be with the next day.

Performance friction discs and pads are very good.

http://asperformance.com/

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Or support our Club traders and use RTR?

Plain discs and PFZ pads are a good setup for most

6. THIS!!!

Feirny and George@RTR Parts like this.
  7. Same for me
    I asked for plain discs and apparently Brembo only do plain discs, slotted are now order only.

8. George@RTR Parts

9. Yes..this.I ordered my last set of brakes from RTR.
    Super fast delivery.
    George even emailed me,as i had ordered front disks and rear pads,just to check i had not made a mistake.

No one else would bother for sure.
    Its worth a couple extra quid for A1 service.

George@RTR Parts likes this.
  10. If you ever buy from Euro Car Part use Top Cashback. They're offering 3.53% at the moment and they're fairly quick to pay.

11. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

12. mc5

mc5

Ecp comes to £150 for the pair with discount. So what's the actual difference between brembo and Renault surely they're the same.

13. I don't want to play devils advocate here but - I bought my rear discs and pads from RTR at a brilliant price
    But the high-carbon front discs from ECP with one of their weekend discounts cost me £120 and they're the same as what renault supply, so I just couldn't justify spending another £100+ to get the fronts from RTR

I got mine from ECP and they're spot on. Exactly what renault supply

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Non Renault branded Brembo discs are almost identical bar the Renault ones have the grey coating on them, You can get them UV coated though, I use them and they are only 130 a pair

15. George@RTR Parts

cheers mate

I can supply more brakes and parts so if you want anything you can't see on RTR Parts site , always worth asking me. I will also try price match if I can do (on a like for like basis) so drop me a PM with what you're after as I can supply rear Brembo discs @mc5

16. mc5

mc5

If anybody has the ecp brembos do they rust

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No rust on mine even with over a year on aggressive track pads b6759308ee03ef445db4274fd401ef79.jpg

18. My brembo discs rust like mad, so i masked off the bell and sprayed them mat black, been perfect ever since.