Discs and rotors for track day

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by cenzlama, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Hi all. Have a megane sport, did my first track day with the discs and rotors that were supplied with the car. They’re rda disc and ebc reds. It isn’t getting brake fade, it just won’t pull up.
    Would any members have some advice as to which disc and rotors to go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. why are we using more and more American terminology. Brake Discs and Pads over here, quite why 'rotors' is becoming more common I don't know...

Pyper likes this.
  3. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

maybe hes not from the uk

4. Australia lol

matt e likes this.
  5. Yes can be confusing I’ve tended to use brake disc as a one piece solid disc and rotors as two piece ally belled system in a bid to define the two options

6. Just go with solid discs from brembo and either ferodo ds2500 or ds3000 pads.

Ebc brand are fecking appalling and are the reason your not stopping quick enough.

timbo likes this.
  7. Fair enough, overlooked the obvious...

8. they are awful..especially in the front..infact i just chucked away a brand new set of yellowstuffs i foolishly bought a few years back..wouldnt do 2 fast stops without fade!

Mikey4410 likes this.
  9. Never again, i did not enjoy the day at all. The car was quick. Braking at the end of the straight was ugly.

10. Basic option is Brembo HC disks and decent pads, I'd skip the DS2500/3000's and go for DS1.11 or Pagid RS29. There's also the PBS pad however I haven't tried them but have seen many good reviews.

11. Would you know who has good deals on the DS1.11 or Pagid RS29?

12. Try George at RTR

The padgid RS29 won’t be cheap however we have had less brake issues these than any other pad