Cup chassis and recarros

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by ciaran4415, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Just wondering how comfortable the Megane is with cup chassis and recarro options?

2. Is it my everyday car, and I was surprised when I drove it for the first time how comfortable it is

PS This applies for 225, don't know about 250/265

3. Fantastic on my 265, damping is miles above my old r26

some say it can be harsh on the 19's but its great on 18's

4. Thanks guys always just wondered what it's like everyday

5. Thanks guys, always wanted to know what it's like everyday

6. My opinion is different.

I have tried Recaros and Cup chassis with 19" wheels during test drive. I think they are not very comfortable for daily use. There is also less space behind Recaros, so you won't be able to sit adult there. I have chosen standard chassis and leather heated seats, much more comfy. For daily car don't go for Cup Pack. It is perfect for Track Day, but would you drop your kid to school with that?

7. Cup chassis + 18's + standard leather seats. Pretty comfy imo, coming from a Clio with recaros and cup chassis it's like a Rolls :tongueout:

Without the Cup chassis you don't get the diff on the 250/265 which imo is critical (though obviously not everyones :wink: )

8. Cup chassis, Leather Recaro's, 18" Cup wheels and I have no complaints about comfort, ride or space behind the seats. 3 adults in the back and no complaints about leg room, however the headroom is quite claustrophobic due to the sloping roof.

Most important factor for me would be the difference in handling between Sport/Cup chassis, and for me a mechanical slip diff is just so much more fun :tongueout:

9. Yeah my Mum has a 2011 Megane Coupe (not an RS) seats are extremely comfortable with great bolsters.

10. Why wouldn't you take your kids to school in a Cup chassis car? it still has a 5 Star NCAP safety rating...........

11. I have an r26 on cooksports and I'd drop the kids in it as long as they didn't make a mess in the back

12. Space behind Recaros is not so great :tongueout:

13. But you just know they will make a mess!

14. 225 v R26 i have lux full leather my lad had a R26 sorry but my leather is way more comfortable than R26 recaros, when you first sit in the recaros its like wow these feel nice and hug ya body, but after ten min drive i was just not impressed, another local lad to us had a F1 team blue recaros i let him have a drive in mine he said wow seats are comfortable compared to his, so its not just my old bones :smile: as for the chassis i cant comment as i have only been in cups. my 2 worth john.

15. Thanks guys

16. I have a 225 FF 5 door and it is not a cup (unless the brembos have been re-sprayed silver) and the ride is quite harsh but definitely not unbearable. Id love to try a cup one day to see the difference.

17. What have you chosen?

18. Wasnt choosing anything :worried: wish I was but. Just interest