225 Cooksport springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Danp, Jan 23, 2014.

1. What happened to pics mate

2. I'll get some up today, been working away so the old girls been hiding in the garage.

3. Mine went on today. Sorry about shitty iphone picture
    [​IMG]

4. Finally got mine on today 7u2u4upa.jpg sa2y5avy.jpg

5. Track Focus Direct

Track Focus Direct RSM Trader

Its looks great mate. I might have to buy some myself :wink: but I want to test it on track as standard first. Danp's also looks great above.

Cheers,
    Jonny

6. Thanks Jonny, rubbish photos as off my phone. Mine sat so high as only a 225 so very happy with them!

7. They look miles better :smile:

8. Cheers mate, made a hell of a difference to the way it looks and drives

9. Looks good pal

10. These all look good. Got my 225 this week and already have a set of Cooksports sat here waiting to go on. The arch gap is unacceptable!

11. R26 cooksport springs

Can anyone tell me the rates of standard and cooksport springs? I think they may be a little too low for me however :worried:

Many thanks

12. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I rate the cooksport springs better than I rate the standard springs :wink:

13. I agree with you there will

14. Better late than never, my meg on Cooksports. Brilliant springs and transforms the car both in terms of looks and handling. If you haven't already got them, slap yourself and buy some!

u2eretap.jpg

15. See that sits perfect, as does RS-cj's but others don't sit as well, good job Corey :cool:

16. Cheers mate, I refreshed the whole suspension too so I wonder if some folks are running on tired dampers etc

17. Yeah that looks really good. My Cooksports are on now and I'm impressed with them, low enough without being silly but still have a goid degree of comfort.

18. How much is "whole"?
    I really want a set but I'm afraid of the savage speed bump Amy has to pass to get to work.

19. I was unsure as well for ages but thought sod it, glad I did. Speed bumps are ok to be honest haven't scrapped anything thus far, but I do take my time. As for the suspension, due to her high miles I did dampers, wishbones, drop links, tie rods, top mounts, inner and outer track rods. A small fortune lol

20. Been there kid!, luckily I was a supplier for Renault at the time so it worked out ok, I did dampers, wishbones, both pairs of links, both rack ends, trophy discs and pads all round and all the engine mounts too. Mine is also high miles, was 100k when I did them.....many moons ago but it had been looked after all it's life with gen Reno parts so probably didn't need them tbh but it's added to the 12k worth of receipts if nowt else lol. I daren't go any lower with my splitter but arch gap does bother me a bit.

21. Shut it you lol, no one wants to know!

22. Haha oh and this exhaust I've got now, sounds brilliant! ;-)