Cold start low revs

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ashley, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Cold start revs are lower than usual as if the car has just started from warm we’re as before they’d be above 1k now they sit on 1k on bone cold

Starting the car after leaving it for 4-5 hours it does the usual extra revs 1.2k cold start which is puzzling me I’m guessing there is a problem with the coolant sensor any help or guidence would be appreciated guys

I will try and get it plugged into Clip

CD-R likes this.
  2. Yeah just change the coolant sensor first up

CD-R likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply Mikey I’ll give that a go

CD-R and Mikey4410 like this.
  4. Hi to all! I have the same problem. Did they solve it?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

5. New coolant sensor hasn’t fixed it @CD-R

CD-R likes this.
  6. Thanks for answering! Are you still trying to fix it or leave it like this?

7. I’m changing the thermostat when I have time as the coolant temp sometimes sits ever so slightly below the normal notch will keep updates on here

Mikey4410 and CD-R like this.
  8. Okay thanks! I changed the thermostat before because the car was slow to reach working temperature and now it is going well. Just that sporadic boot failure.
    Thanks

9. I have the same problem when is cold, any ideas

CD-R likes this.
  10. I read in russian forum it is a bug in ECU

CD-R likes this.
  11. Air temperature inlet sensor, cheap cheap.

CD-R likes this.
  12. where is Air temperature inlet sensor

13. On the 250 it in the intercooler pipework infront of the engine, should be a red or grey sensor, so think it should be the same on 225/230.

14. A few years ago, my car started to run jerky, for a few secs after starting, feathering 1st gear around the carpark at work, never done it before. Didnt really look into it, then after a thermostat change, a couple years later, its wouldnt tick over from cold, took three attemps and a blip of the throttle, wasnt until i tried it on a hot day and it started fine i realised it was temp related. So got me a pattern sensor (grey) off ebay, sorted the starting issue, but was still jerky from cold. Recently got me a genuine sensor from renault (red), only £8, but be warned there is a note on the system for the mk3 thats you need a new loom at £43, its not needed thou as it fits, and since fitted so far the jerkyness as gone. But early to tell yet.

15. Thermostat changed has made the car run better and 80% less spot on the exhaust tips so that must of helped the engine loads
    Still got lower than usual revs on cold start we’re is the air intake temp sensor on the 225 ?

CD-R likes this.
  16. Follow the pipe off the throttle body, there should be a map sensor and grey or red sensor after it with the plug to it at a angle. Maybe worth cleaning the map sensors out with carb cleaner.

CD-R likes this.
  17. Cheers Ryan il have a look at the air temp sensor I know where you mean now same looking sensor on the clios 172/182

CD-R likes this.
  18. Yep thats the one, make sure you get oem renault, the difference its made on mine, is night n day.

CD-R and Mikey4410 like this.
  19. I’ve located the sensor but it will not Budge lol and I don’t want to break it haha

20. There push in, will probably break as you lever it out, so make sure youve got the replacement at hand

21. I ordered grey sensor and i hope to solve the prooblem

22. I would of gone with renault specific one, has theyre no difference on price.

23. Now with the grey sensor its ok :smile:

24. Today again cold start low revs

25. Try a genuine sensor

26. where i can buy

27. From renault

28. Днес поръчах от renault the red sensor

29. with the red sensor from renault is the same problem

30. Coolamt sensor maybe

31. Errors maybe,when you off the baterry,I will check with my diagnostics

CD-R likes this.
  32. No errors, i will clean the trottle body to check