Cleaning throttle body on RS250

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nebz250, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Has anyone cleaned the trottle body on a RS250. Anything i should know before attempting it. Im reading quite a bit and firstly not sure if its electronically controlled and if i should attempt it then. Also i hear disconnect battery then just dont open the blades using the blades themselves.

2. What fault are you having with the car, that requires the tb cleaning?

3. Initially cold start issues. But in the quest to find the fault i cleaned the MAP sensor and it pretty much cured the hesitant throttle in low revs on idle. Now i thought why not the car is a 2011 so i figure it would have accumilated some dirt since new.

4. New
    Got some feedback from a renault tech in aus.
    If you are removing it you will need a new gasket to manifold. Dont force the butterfly open.
    Clean from both side with proper throttle body cleaner.
    When you refit..DONT start the car.
    With ignition off, push accelerator to floor, turn ignition on without starting and release throttle.
    Now start..idle will race a little and settle after a while, as the throttle switch and ecu talk to each other.
    Job done...

Also

Dont force the butterfly.
    You will damage the throttle body..if you wont to clean with it open..have ignition on and have somebody press the peddle for full throttle.
    Dont start it...

5. Im just not going to take it out and clean it insitu

6. How can you turn the ignition on, without starting the car?

7. Placing the key card in the slot

jack250 likes this.
  8. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Does anyone know the part number for the gasket? Going to clean mine

9. For others contemplating throttle body clean, this may help.

From my experience and one other on the forum, you can open the throttle body by hand once removed from the car - pretty hard to clean otherwise. Also the Renault workshop manual specifies this method - see attached.

Be careful with your finger(s) as the closing spring is extremely strong.

Attached Files: