Check before you buy for gods sake

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by BLADESBLOOD, Apr 22, 2018.

1. It amazes me the number of times on media sites that the same basic questions are asked .
    ie.. " just bought a Megane rs , how do I tell if it's a cup with a LSD ? " " how can I tell if my new car has an rs monitor ? " etc
    Do people not check such basic details before they spend money ? It's like moving into a new house and then wondering where the garage is .
    Strewth

Mikey4410 and Feirny like this.
  2. I just get bored of people asking these questions, instead of typing them into Google. I am all up for helping someone, but would nice to think they put a bit of effort into helping themselves a bit 1st

BIG E and T&biskits like this.
  3. It amazes me more that people come on social media and complain about such things.
    But hey, it’s social media, you put up with it or turn it off.

Paul21 likes this.
  4. Then it continues with, what's the best air filter, what's the best exhaust, what's the best brake pads. You give them answers too which they complain about them being too expensive

Mikeyjp likes this.
  5. Dont forget, What tyres should i buy.....

BIG E and BLADESBLOOD like this.
  6. Can you tell me tire pressures? Also which oil you got?

7. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

It's been tiresome for a number of years, people can't be bothered to search. Or better still scroll down to the day before when it was also posted.

The best ones are "who should I use... etc" People recommend the best, yet they take it elsewhere and a few weeks later "my car has broken down..." Those type of posts make me chuckle.

Mikeyjp likes this.
  8. Oh yes,"what oil"....cue 50 different opinions
    20/50 from Asda seems the best buy at present

9. I am sorry, but Asda is rather expensive. You can get a 10 gallon drum 20/50 from Nigeria for around £3.

BIG E likes this.
  10. :smile: maybe do a group buy ?

11. I will sort this, just send me your credit card details, so I can verify. ( Sorry, off topic!.)

12. As tactful as ever conley..sorry craig.
    In fairness,and more relevant to the mk2 Rs,and its variants..Specs can get a little confusing between models.

Things like red brembos, usually denote a R26 on the mk2, and a cup chassis on a mk3.
    But not exactly hard for a owner to spray his non cup, or mk2 225 callipers red,for cosmetic,or hoping to pass off, a more desirable spec car.
    After all,its still the same brembos.

I have seen many a dealer trying to pass off a F1 for a R26.
    Probably because F1 is still part of the R26`s full title,and they just get confused with the models.

13. Conley?????

14. Will need a member, that goes back to the days of Meganesport.net to understand.
    Hopefully one will be along very soon..:grinning:

15. Remember him well.
    Could never decide if he annoyed the shit out of me or i found him amusing

16. ha ha..he could do both in equal measures!..know what i mean:wink:

17. Wow.

Honestly people are actually moaning about people asking questions to things they don't know, how dare they.

In the process of learning people will ask questions regardless of how stupid other individuals might think, and yes I have asked plenty. I get the fact garages, services,parts etc are recommended but then people go and do the opposite buy cheap parts or go to a garage that nobody has heard of or has a bad reputation and they come into problems, I have done it before, would I do it again, no. It's called making mistakes and learning.

Yes people should look into things before buying them to make sure they know what they want and are Getting, but people do and will continue to buy things in the moment then ask questions afterwards and yes I have also done this.

I'm not going to keep going on but what I'm trying get at is nobody is perfect, people make mistakes, make mistakes again and then hopefully learn and this includes questions that may seem stupid to other people but to the people that are asking there not.

18. Conley, remember him well, a few have tried to step into his shoes and failed, biggest tool on the internet, although aerofoil ran him close.

19. I miss Aerofoil.Always the ' life & soul' of a good discussion.

20. He certainly was a very intelligent man.
    As you say very much in the vain of aerofoil.
    Would deliberately rub people up the wrong way, to try and gain a reaction.
    Would scan through peoples previous posts,looking for contradictions,then post them up, to try and prove ridiculous points..Like it fkn matters on a internet forum!

I really did think that Aerofoil was Conley..He also would never say if he actually owned a Renaultsport.
    I miss the pair of them though..never a dull moment with those boys around.

21. I miss them the like I miss toothache, I don't think they were the same person, Conley was the first of the internet trolls, aero whatever was just a dick without a car, , he's probably on another makes forum doing the same thing, as I said, whenever he posts on FB, everyone tells hims to f--k off

22. There was a bloke on the the old meganesport.net page, asked about the usual about cup pack, recaros etc, was told what to look for, the dealer told him it was recaros n cup packed, he bought, put pictures up, no red calipers and standard seats. He had a right hissy with the dealer even thou he was told. Cant remember his name.

23. Hey I’m new (less than a year) to Renault and to this forum, so maybe I haven’t been around long enough to comment. But the forum always seems friendly and helpful. Shame to find threads like this. If you don’t want to answer people’s questions then don’t. But really they haven’t done anything wrong. They are just people asking for help.

evojkp likes this.
  24. It's not case of not wanting to help anyone, it would just be nice if they tried helping themselves a bit

25. It sounds like the site needs an FAQs section

26. Got to agree. The forum is great, but I usually direct PM questions to folks for info who have always furnished me with the details that have helped me out as there have been a few threads that have gone south from innocent questions.

Aerofoil lol, now there was a character....every forum has them. Unfortunetly once these folks leaved/ get banned the next most annoying starts to post guff and the cycle continues.....forum life. Every open public one is the same.

27. i really didnt have aproblem with aerofoil..hes entitled to his opinion..and yes ,got off on winding people up.
    He was a pussy compared to the mighty conley though.
    Conley might have been a noob
    ,but he really had a razor sharp witt to boot...i miss his sarcasm and humour in equal measures!