250 Check airbag light

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Charlie Howard, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Also I’ve already shown you were the sensor is on the picture above

2. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

I don't see any picture in this post

3. Try the 8th post in the thread.

4. Charlie Howard

Photos aren't working for me that's odd. I see it now but it's inside the door which makes it a pain.

5. Charlie Howard

Someone local with CLIP helped me out and we discovered a few faults. Lots of bulb faults, oil level sensor circuit? fault and the problem we're looking for the left door crash sensor!

6. Charlie Howard

dsots1w.jpg
    nPY5H6S.jpg

7. Yep new sensor need to be fitted within the passenger door.

8. Charlie Howard

You got a part number for the sensor?
    We cleared the codes so hopefully the only ones that come back are the airbag ones!

9. The part number of mine was 988333198R but this was for the drivers door. I'm not sure if it's the same.

10. Charlie Howard

Looks like the Grand Scenic uses the same part

11. Charlie Howard

So how did you get it out? I've removed the bolt and it wiggles but I can't get it out.

12. Which bolt have you removed?

13. Charlie Howard

dUOOjEe.jpg

14. You need to take the whole metal supporting bracket out. From memory there's 3 bolts. Two near the door catch and one the inside of the door.

The bracket slides out then you remove the sensor.

15. Charlie Howard

Great the only screwdriver I don't have, do you know what size torque is it?

16. I can't remember sorry

17. Charlie Howard

Well I just replaced the sensor but the airbag light is still on. Battery was disconnected while I did it. Did the fault need clearing?

18. Nope mine went straight off as soon as I replaced it.

19. Charlie Howard

Wonderful, I'm stumped then because I've followed the wiring and it's all perfect too.

20. can you hear a clicking sound when turning steering from fully turned left to fully right?
    If so then your steering swtche clock is gone and that can through a Airbag light on, sometime an ESP fault too

21. Charlie Howard

No I don't think so, never seen ESP fault either. I posted my CLIP results above and it's saying passenger impact sensor.

22. Charlie Howard

Is there a fuse that could have blown in the box under the bonnet?

23. Charlie Howard

Just realised my original sensor was 988330002R but I got 988333198R as you suggested. Could this be the issue?

24. Charlie Howard

I'm not getting anywhere with this so it's booked in with Renault next Tuesday and hopefully, it's not too expensive.

25. I don’t know tbh...I replaced my sensor with pn: 988333198r from a standard megane coupe and it worked fine but mine was the drivers door as mentioned.
    The passenger door one could be different?

26. Charlie Howard

I don't think they are different from my searching. I did buy a used sensor so I don't know 100% if it is working that's the problem.

27. .

28. Charlie Howard

I already have, picture is higher up in the thread. Fault was the sensor which I've changed yet the airbag light is still on.

29. Sorry yes seen it after posting. Light should clear if fault has gone.

Wiring issue ?

30. If you click on the fault it should give some info how to diagnose and repair from memory

31. I’d try buying a new sensor with the same part number you took off so you know for sure. Renault will probably charged £100 and hour for labour and £60+ Just to put in on the diagnostics computer.

32. Charlie Howard

I'm going to order a new sensor now, hopefully this one works. Renault quoted £80+VAT for diagnostic.

Wiring is unlikely as it all looks perfect.

33. For reference this was my fault. Looking at yours it’s similar so must be the sensor.

B9B04ADA-9E57-480E-A1F4-A62B2C88E89C.jpeg

34. Charlie Howard

Looks pretty much the same as mine so it must be a sensor. It arrived today, will fit it tomorrow.

35. Charlie Howard

Another sensor and the same issue. Doubt I could get 2 faulty sensors. Pissing me off now.

36. Surely it’s got to be a wiring fault then?

37. Charlie Howard

I would think so but I followed the wiring and can't see any issues.

38. Charlie Howard

Door loom is fucked apparently. They didn't have the part in so waiting for it to arrive. Although since I've had it back the airbag light has been off.

39. Probably a loose connection that they've played about with. Depending on how much they're charging id leave it if it doesn't come back on.

40. Charlie Howard

Already paid for the loom but they haven't fit it yet, should I ask for a refund?