225 Car wobbling/juddering from stand still - CV boot/drive shaft problem?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by CaptainFail, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

My car seems to have developed a bit of an issue. Recently I've noticed when setting off from lights my car seems to wobble/judder and I'm getting a bit concerned something is broken. My brake pedal actually rattles and moves from side to side it's that bad! I mostly notice it in 1st and 2nd gear at around 1500-2000rpm. I've also noticed it happens on hard throttle in 3rd too. I have noticed an odd clunk sound when turning slowly too.

Has anyone experienced this before? I noticed a few weeks back one of my CV boots has split and chucked grease everywhere. I've yet to sort this out as I just haven't had time... Could this cause issues if left for too long? I've also had Cooksport springs fitted for about 6 weeks and I'm yet to get the wheel alignment done, but I can't see this causing this problem.

I've been thinking it could either be the gearbox mount, the CV boot or a faulty drive shaft. I'm hoping to jack the car up over the weekend and take a look.

If anyone could offer any advice on what it could potentially be I'd be most grateful, I've fallen out of love with it at the moment. :worried: