Car Share

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Andy63, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Who has to share their pride and joy with their partner.

We have an old run around and the Mk3 rsmegane. As I work from home most of the time, the wife uses the megane for travelling to work and back.

Having just had the paint guy out to repair the front bumper/splitter following a meeting with a sleeping policeman (verified as being the wife's fault but she is still certain it isn't), I'm wondering what others experiences are like.

She loves the car and looks after it to a degree but doesn't give it the care, attention and respect that I do.

So how does everyone else get along?

2. Mines insured to drive it but won't. I don't force the issue:-D

3. I Daren't, plus my insurance would be through the roof. Shes only been driving 5 years, had a fault claim reversing into another car in her Civic, pranged her front bumper on a low wall in her CR-Z (god awful car) and managed to prang our new KIA Sportage into an industrial bin that, her words not mine, "Came out of nowhere"!

I like my Megane all the same colour and straight! I'm not saying women can't drive in general, that would be wrong! I'm just saying my one can't!

eddie ninja, Leigh and Jamesycc like this.
  4. Your lucky James and Turbo, get your missus a bus pass. Keep her away from the car.

My missus is a good driver. I just don't think she understands the Megane in general after driving saloons and diesels. Its not as forgiving on the every day drive and needs a little more TLC than the VW we traded. What is relinquishes in comfort it makes up for in smiles per mile. For me anyway.

Jamesycc likes this.
  5. " Can't you do something about that exhaust, I hate driving your car, it's embarrassing...."... so I don't

Jamesycc likes this.
  6. no wife, no mrs, no share.

My car !

Mikey4410 likes this.
  7. My mrs is insured to drive it and often asks but i dont let her lol.

Jamesycc likes this.
  8. Wife is on my Megane insurance, she has been a passenger in it once and refuses to drive it (Result) now , she has sold her 70hp Polo Tdi and is having my Megane 2.0 DCi, its not on the road yet so she is using my SL55 to use for work commute, she is petrified of damaging it, so is driving it very steady, another result :sunglasses::sunglasses:

9. My other half is and drives it. She always has done through the years in the 7 years we have been together. M3 X 2, R32, Megane RS, 172, S3 and slew of others. She currently has a R53 Cooper S. Which is immense fun and she loves.

She would rather a slightly older performance car than a Eco box. She did go through a spate of small prangs. But usually into other objects rather than other cars.

At the end of the day I love and take care of my cars. But it is only metal.