Car ramps

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Paul21, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Hi

Anybody know of any decent car ramps out there that would be ok for my megane 225?

Thanks

2. As much as I would like a pair of these, there abit to expensive.

Thanks

3. I ordered some extra wide ones and they are far better than my old set. Defo recommend them. I will find out where I got them from and post the details.

4. Perfect!.
    Has your megane been lowered at all?

5. Yep quite low but ok still with these ramps. I can measure it Wednesday for u

6. That would be great, thankyou.
    The price is very good. Saves messing about with axle stands.

7. When using ramps it always pays to stick a couple of axle stands in there somewhere for added safety. I am running bc br coilovers so car is quite low.

8. I just use some standard ones from screwfix but identical to the ones mentioned by Casper. I have to use some Sealed Car Ramp Extensions to reduce the steepness so I don't ground my splitter. Extensions work great.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181736053838

9. Ok sounds like a good idea placing axle stands for safety. I'm going to order them ramps, see if my car goes on them ok, if not I'll get some extensions.

Thanks

10. did they work out ok for you?

11. I need to get some extensions as my front bumper hit's on the ramps and can't get the car on to.them

12. Wow. Mine was quite low I thought but it goes on ok. Try some short lengths of wood just to take the angle away and that might do the trick for very little money.

13. 20170913_201940.jpg

14. Nice diagram [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. art is not my strong point ha ha
    i was trying to draw it while my 3yr old was fidgeting around on my knee.... hopefully it gives the gist of what i was trying to get across

16. I think he is wasted on this forum with art skills like that :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

17. looking back it is pretty shocking....even the pic is way out of focus
    oh well :pensive:

18. After the shame of my first diagram I would like to put this forward for scrutiny by the art critics that frequent this forum... 1505340624283962536219.jpg
    happy to sign copies if anyone wants a print

chappers2000 likes this.
  19. Have to say that first drawing was just beautiful, you should be proud.lol. Will give this ago, was sure they were going to be ok but obviously not, bottom of the bumper is pretty close to the ground though.

20. nobody has liked it so it cant be that good haha. I have started to use bits of wood for the ramps on the trailer as well, seems to work a treat and is cheap as chips and they are light so all good.

21. I may have be lying.lol. Saves buying extensions, do you find there is a decent amount of room underneath when it's up on these?

22. Not them exact same ones but there were ones like that, that lifted it to a decent height

23. Hi Paul
    i did see there were some others of different height, depends on how much lift you want, plastic should be good and they should be light

24. 70mm does not seem a big enough lift to me, wouldn't be able to get my belly under the car

25. Hi mate

There is a few out there, when with the ones I got as Cazper recommended them. They are very decent just getting the cat on them, thatis the problem, will use some wood like he recommended.

26. Car not cat. Bloody auto correct

27. Didn't realise you had a set, yes wood would work okay

28. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

29. Will give it a go

30. your can measure up the wood needed based on my very accurate technical drawing...haha

31. plank !!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cazper likes this.
  32. 2 short pieces of planks with the grain running length ways should do it :smiley:

33. some nice oak or maybe a bit of birch?

34. 20170915_001046.jpg B

35. pretty impressive eh, some extra wood in the middle for support