Buying RS 250 - what to check etc.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by johnny_178, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Hi Guys,

I might be getting back in the RS world. I'll be checking a 12/2010 RS 250 Cup (recaros, brembo, ...) with a sat-nav and some other goodies and with 18' wheels, which is a big plus in my brains. It has 125.000 kilometres (77k miles).

It's got full milltek exhaust with milltek DP and H&R springs and wheel spacers. Other than that it's stock. I'll be remaping it and since it has the DP, could I expect 300+ bhp?

The owner says the car is OK, it doesn't burn oil, he added 0,2 litres at 10.000 kilometres. Front brakes are changed (I'll ask if disks+pads or only pads) also, the "big service" as we call it here had been done (belts, water pump, ...).

What should I check when I first see the car?

What usually goes wrong on meganes 250 at this mileage and age?

Cheers

2. Front suspension clunks & knocks( swivel joints,link bars). Creaky door straps( annoying more than anything). There are a few threads on here regarding purchasing them. If its a `dog`, wish them good luck with the sale.

3. I didn't even get to checking it out in person. I've ran the VIN no. at my local renault dealer and it was trashed badly two times and once a bit les badly. So yeah, despite looking good in pictures and stating otherwise by the seller, the car's a mess.

I've posponed buying till spring.

4. wow..lucky you checked.just goes to show you cant be to carefull.