Born again CORSA

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by moono16v, Aug 29, 2016.

1. I've been getting back into detailing after a long time out and I put a post on my Facebook asking has anyone got or knows someone with a faded Vauxhall.....

Pictures can do the talking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car was actually in real good condition just not to the likes of us geeks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you have never done one before make sure you have PLENTY of pads!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When the owner came and picked it she was almost in tears!!! The car was completely different!!! She couldn't believe it!!!

Thanks for looking!

Elliott.

brett21, sair225 and scoobyr like this.
  2. Nice work!

What polish and pad combo did you use?

3. Amazing work! I didn't think you could bring paint back like that after it was soo far gone. That colour of Vauxhall paint seems especially prone to going pink and horrible like that over time and exposure to the sun if not looked after. Sod Corsas, think of all the brilliant old little red Novas that you could bring back to showroom quality! :wink:

4. Pretty common on most single stage paints.

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

That's mental, will it just do that again over time though or will maintenance keep it looking good?

6. Awesome work. I have carried out similar on an 02 plate Astra, same thing went pink. Didn't have enough pads and really struggled with the paint told my self I would never do another one.. Looking at that tho I'm kind of changing me mind. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Wow, that's really impressive!

8. I always thought if these cars had a good sealant applied over their life then this wouldn't have happened, but is that not the case?

Good work by the way.

9. Yep you need a lot of pads! A very lot!!

I have never done one before so don't know but I would imagine if its kept sealed or waxed then it shouldn't happen again! The owner claims they will now keep on top of it but we shall see.....