275 Boot trim removal for bar and web fitting

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by evojkp, Nov 27, 2017.

1. I've done a search but cannot find anything on the trim removal in the boot. I'm looking to fit the rear bar and webbing, but for the love of me I cannot see an easy way to remove trim to assist in fitting.

Has anyone done a how-to, or does anyone know where there is info on how the trim comes apart, as not keen on the 'just tug and see what happens' route.

2. Mines all done in the back of mine, which bit do you need info on

3. I removed the 'hatch' and unclipped the upper parcel shelf panel, but cannot get this removed as its attached to both the front section forward to the seat belt and at the rear section across the whole rear of the tailgat. Do these just unclip? With a gentle pull? or is there a sequence to them?

Thanks

4. The panel, if i remember, is interlocked with the panel that holds the rear speakers(rear seat armrest), if you pull/prize the panel (armrest /speaker panel) away from the closest point to the rear seat latch this should give you enough room to wiggle it out, but i think you need to get the rear lower tailgate panel off first. This has locating lugs & hooks, if you pull this panel out by the vents first (one lug is above it & one beside it), then you have to pull the panel up, as there are hooks in the centre ( which i snapped off). Hopefully this makes sense.

5. Don`t think you actually need to remove the lower rear tailgate panel to do this. Just remove parcel shelf supports, then there are a couple of screws & lugs. The main ballache is that this panel is located under a lug with the rear armrest panel.The rear armrest panels have some shit clips on the back of them that break when you look at them, but you shouldn`t need to pull the panel right off, just pull the back edge up.

6. Cheers buddy it does. Sort of. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thats the way i was heading yesterday as I could get a 16mm socket into the two top retaining bolts for the seatbelt assembly.