Blue 250 cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Bowen, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hi,

picked up my 250 cup late December. Previously had an Audi TT tsi, the oil pump seized so that was the end of that. I started the hunt for something more fun than the TT. A close friend recommended a Megane RS, I'd never even thought of a Megane (sorry) but now I am really glad I did.

enough talk more pics (instagramed @bowen_rs)

Day I picked is up

ACA4A801-6AD0-476F-A02F-6C4CDFBBA7EA.png_zps20dcn1zz.jpg

Mid box chopped, sounds a lot better
    C1EF03F6-0E13-4623-99DA-229044793240_zps4qbyuij9.jpg

I've added my number plate, black badges, some bulbs, H&R Springs, ramair filter and a full service and that's it so far just enjoying driving it.

40E1923A-6D50-4148-B2A3-66CAFE19632F.png_zpsolmsiwb6.jpg

B41C6C7B-948B-4640-BDF7-FC71C989A233_zpsdpc00cvg.jpg

CD7E511B-5FDE-44DF-9A39-41E85E2A37AB_zpskrqhdyof.jpg

4EF6FA38-C905-44BE-BBB3-3989871F223B_zpsbotbqba7.jpg

Next is is a decat, remap, tyres and brakes ready for the Nurburgring this year.

Chris Llewellyn likes this.
  2. Great work mate, absolutely stunning colour! got any future mods in mind?

3. Looks stunning in blue. Is the side on picture with the H&R fitted? What do you think of them? Do you mind if I ask how much they cost to fit? I'm thinking about black badges too, where did you get them from? Do they fit ok? Sorry about all the questions!

4. Thanks for the replies.

The colour is really nice when clean but this weather lately is making it difficult to properly clean it!

The side on shot outside longlife is prior to spring fitting. I'll find another comparison shot for you. The ride is slightly firmer as you'd expect but the cup pack is firm anyway. No complaints. Cost £100 to fit, I would have done it myself but I read that the front struts aren't easy to get out.

As as for next mods. Decat, remap, tyres, brakes and black headlight inserts as I think these chrome lights are dated.

This is is a slightly better side on shot although it is filthy dirty.

2984FF83-695A-4566-991E-99FF6D570B43_zpspdynm4k7.jpg

5. Looks fantastic, they should have left the factory like that! £100 seems like a really good price.

6. Lovely colour! I got my springs fitted from longlife for £100 aswell, don't think they realise what they're getting themselves into lol!

7. Looks cracking mate, great pics!

8. Agreed....looks stunning in this colour.

9. Good colour choice :wink:

Not cleaned mine for about 3 months as it rains practically every day.

I didn't buy the Cup as i wanted a slightly better ride, still makes me wan't to lower it though.

Black badges can be got from Ebay, it's where i got mine.

No DRL's i see, don't see many without.

10. Think I read that the Cup in blue is quite rare and must be rarer with out DRL's. Who needs DRL's anyway, they add weight right? Ha.

I got my black badges from eBay too. Desperately want black headlight inserts.

Ordered my my decat today, went for a Scorpion decat.

11. Awesome colour!

12. so only 7 with DRL's! :O

I've never got the point in decat's, all great if you know someone who works in a m.o.t station.

How accurate is that list? Would indicate mine is 1 of nine non cup in blue with drl's..... seems a bit unlikely.

If i had got a car 2 weeks newer it would have been a 265 =|

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  13. just scroll across

14. That site is from the original Renaultsport UK site before they did the update, so is accurate.

15. Scorpion decat arrived, supplied by performance engineering South Wales.
    254EC23B-5A46-48BB-82C6-ADB6717B1353_zpsd9onadjk.jpg

and another pic for no reason.
    86787C33-654B-40A5-AF78-836C264A1EFC.png_zpssjoovaeh.jpg

Bought gloss black spray paint to do the headlight inserts. Wish me luck.

16. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

love the colour of it

17. Thanks. It's filthy dirty and the paint is really swirly, amazing what an Instagram filter can do. Ha.

18. Yeah I do tend to find myself just staring at the colour when I come out of work etc, so glad i went with the blue.

Ironically i went for non-cup for a better ride but wouldn't mind lowering it as the non cup sits a bit higher that i would like =|

http://imgur.com/a/EzLTJ#0 This is mine, de badge etc towards the end.

Remap makes the car come alive, got my Custom map done for £250 with a result of 303bhp, torque still a bit tame though.

Get some back to black or something for the front splitter, looks so much better when that's all shiny. I've been using the Auto-glym tyre stuff on it, works great on both tyre side wall and the splitter but will fade again after a couple of weeks.

19. Finally had my scorpion decat fitted. Three bolts snapped and two rounded off, nightmare. Sounds incredible and really opens the engine potential.

Now sounds how I think it should have come from the factory.

supplied and fitted by performance engineering in Cardiff www.pe-tuning.co.uk

20. Small update:

Bad news
    snapped wheel bolt in the drivers hub, need to get it drilled out. Bought black tpi bolts to replace all.
    knocking noise on right turn, assuming it's the ball joint or wishbone bushes
    Both getting looked at tomorrow.

Good news
    My best mate split and sprayed my headlights, looks so much better and has transformed how I feel about they front end! So much more modern and aggressive.
    Gave the Megane its first proper wash in my ownership.

Pics

FAECC163-A69C-4D55-A571-C26126485FD2_zpsadpyigae.jpg
    [​IMG]

evojkp likes this.
  21. Nice car dude! Blue's really nice :smile:

22. Thanks. Really pleased with how the paint looks when it's clean.

23. It's gonna work additive trust me! Blue and yellow look so fresh when proper clean.
    Have fun! And your headlights look excellent :-) got about the same. Will update with a photo later

24. I need a scorpion decat I'll give them a shout. What where the head light like to split ??

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  25. Headlights were fairly easy to split. Keep and eye on them whilst they are in the oven.

26. Small updated.
    Snapped wheel bolt removed and the knocking on right turns was down to a loose subframe bolt. Now it's all good and feels so much more planted, surprised the difference the loose bolt had on the feel of the car.

Drove to cheddar gorge last weekend. Megane was a joy to drive, reasonable Mpg too.
    A69050C9-6ECD-46C3-AC3F-C228D547F558.png_zpsckhj7leb.jpg

Next up:
    Remap
    Brake fluid/brakelines/brake pads
    Tyres

27. I have a knocking/almost juddering from right turns (only once almost full-lock). Sounds similar. Will get it looked at!

28. I had the smallest split in the rubber boot of a ball joint, so assumed it was that but the knock was to loud to be that. Closer inspection, it was the subframe bolts ever so slightly loose. Quite a difference in the responsiveness of the car now.

29. New page new pictures etc.

Went to Spring action day at Castle Combe at the weekend. Good day and the busiest Spring action day I've seen. Few other Meganes there and good to meet odinson and see his Meg in the metal! Chatted future plans and track days.

24C84245-3F89-4578-8468-12DFCC414A43_zpsphwssczk.jpg

82224496-56C7-45BA-A3C8-7D68F1F42187.png_zpsxxg8wk8s.jpg

30. Was good meeting you mate

31. Went for a blast up the Brecon Beacons at the weekend, as its right on my doorstep.

2F31EE40-0D08-4960-8B7E-F2A0B31FB462.png_zpsxldabh2i.jpg

C29F426E-CBCB-48AC-BD06-8944DAAF5707_zpsplzispgy.jpg

FDE80FB1-7BDA-4CDA-9AAC-AF966C705EC7_zpscjrjunt5.jpg

All was going well until I did the smallest wheel spin, this was shortly followed by a slight bang and a grinding sound. No signal on my phone in the middle of nowhere, I had a mini heart attack thinking I'd be stuck. I managed to nurse it back home did a bit of googling and Forum member -Jaime- had a similar fault ands or him it turned out to be the gearbox mount. Set about taking the battery out and low and behold

391A583A-E174-4949-BC8E-E771DF461F87_zpsemegggn3.jpg

Well under spec'd bolt for the job it has.

In in other news ordered a slimmer front plate and x4 federal RSR tyres after reading reviews in here.

32. Ah i walked past your car 4-5 times at castle combe, didn't realise it was this one, mine was there also but parked in regular parking :worried:

33. As it seems like a popular thing for the gearbox mount/or bolt to snap, i have to check mine out also. And great looking car there!

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk

34. Yeah it didn't look it's best at Combe. Ha.

Thank you.

It honestly sounded like the exhaust was blowing but a little search on here for advice and I found the snapped bolt. Unbelievably small bolt. Had to drill out the snapped thread, and used a much more substantial bolt.

35. So I've bitten the bullet and got the Megane remapped. Usually the first thing I do when I get a car is remap it but I just didn't feel the Megane needed it. I now felt it was time. Ha.

New NGK plugs (as the car was missing at full boost) and a remap with Performance Enginnering in Cardiff. Highly recommended.

63D41629-BADB-4FB4-91C9-A085DE66CF09_zpsyxjw8z4g.jpg

The Megane now feels amazing. Pulls harder right through the Rev range.

Also ordered x4 Federal RSR tyres, had a 20% discount on eBay. Bargain.

36. Maps are great :smile: Mine was done fairly locally with 303bhp being the result

37. MBC

MBC

It looks bloody mean! Nice job mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. Best megane colour!!