Black 250/265 Headlights

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by JLodge, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hi all,

On the lookout for some black insert headlights (halogen not xenon) for my OG 250, the chrome just looks awful...

If anyone is selling or know anyone who is, please put me in touch as I am desperate to get them swapped over!

Cheers guys

d3f4a286d7e3d88375f8f401ee487fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eder likes this.
  2. Totally agree, the chrome just let the front end down in my opinion.
    If you're confident with your DIY skills. Heat them up spilt them and spray the inserts black. That's what I did and cost me £10 for the spray paint.

432D6394-5F98-48DE-930E-4A20F7BA32A7_zpsvd8ttrsd.jpg

Eder, Acave24 and 197gaz like this.
  3. Really want this done too. Frightened I fuck something up though!

4. Have you a close up of what you sprayed?

I'm going to attempt it but want sure what biys you've done

5. I bought mine off eBay mate only ~£140

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Just buy them brand new. £140 for black megane headlights.
    If you split them and reseal it is difficult to get a 100% Seal resulting in annoying condensation

7. has any one got the oe number for these ??? i would like a set myself

8. I'm not wanting depo ones off eBay

Do we have a part no of Renault items??

9. Sorry I completely forgot I posted this and had no notifications...

Can report that the replacement black headlights from eBay for £140 are awesome and have made me fall back in love with the front of this car [emoji16][emoji1362]totally recommend if anyone is thinking about it!!

21463febee404bf90ae9bb030bd91d81.jpg 7b057c9ec534bf3139cf8a493e31d32e.jpg d2b83766d6ce0ba5b0896206a2859d5e.jpg e8ede25d112fff24b78776fd2b4eb6f2.jpg

Eder and Jimbob 2705 like this.
  10. Does look alot meaner that
    Like she's angry sort of

If you look at the pic with and without she's happy smiling on the left side on the right she looks like my wife angry and pissed off

JLodge and MartijnGizmo like this.
  11. They look so much better in black! Is there a xenon variant of them or would that be too much hassle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. So much better in black! :sunglasses:

13. It's true what they say.... 'Once you go black'... [emoji15][emoji41]

14. Cheers guys [emoji16]probably the best mod I've done [emoji23]

15. They do look awesome, I'm on the hunt for part numbers of black xenon lenses if anyone knows them, been on the phone to rsc europe and they cant be sure of the correct ones [emoji848]

16. Chrome...

17. Yeah mate, so there must be 4 different lamps total. Chrome/black halogen, chrome/black xenon. I've currently got chrome xenons, trying to get some black ones at a reasonable price, rsc europe have just the one side atm [emoji848]

18. Difficult but not impossible. Mine are sealed fine, no condensation in 4 months. Saved me £130.

807F56DE-0E1E-4934-BA4A-799D41754BE9_zps1k24ssiz.jpg

Jimbob 2705 and Nigelo like this.
  19. Bit of a thread revival, but can you give me some pointers on what paint you used and what sealant you used too when you put them back together (if any)? Looking to do this with my Xenons. Cheers!

20. I bought the depo ones from eBay and failed the mot Left hand drive variants be careful just in case I split mine and did myself mastic and some spray paint. Easy except for the cuts to my hands lots of sharp bits

21. Thanks! Did you prep the plastic and use primer/laquer too, or did you just spray with some black spray paint and stick back together again?

I was going to buy some Depo lights but they seem to be £200 now so I'll just try and paint mine first.

22. Don't go with the depo lights it's definitely an mot failure whatever they say they are left hand drive only. They are nice though! I used normal spray gloss paint took the inserts out and hung them off the washing line just did a light coating and built it up a little at a time to stop drips took an hour fir both it does dry quick. Just wiped it all down with some white spirit to clean any grease and it was that simple. The hardest part which cut my hands was getting out the old mastic. Try hearing it I used a heat gun. But still hard work. Then just filled the surround half full with mastic and put it back together less than an afternoons work. It is very straight forward and I am bloody crap at anything DIY.

Somnambulist likes this.
  23. Those of you that put them in the oven, can I assume that you stuck it on warm. Ie the lowest setting?

I have a gas oven, if it helps.

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've had depo lights in mine and have passed 2 years mot with no issues.

25. Mine failed they were kicking up to the right and at that point I realised that other drivers were constantly flashing which I thought was because if the PIAA 4K bulbs but as because the light was shining incorrectly. Perhaps you were lucky if any body wants some they are welcome to mine

26. IMG_2062.JPG
    I did mine with the mrs hair dryer as you will need a big oven to fit them in!

Either that or a heat gun

Very straight forward, I just used a scotch pad to key the surface, I sprayed mine with satin black

Spot on, did mine 12 months ago

Somnambulist likes this.
  27. What did you use to re-seal them please?