Big brake disc kit

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Strell2, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Depends on the bells I suppose . I bought a set off a clio3 rally car and they didn't fit , they fitted the hubs fine but the offset didn't match the caliper .

Look nice tho

2. Yeah does wondered in anyone is good enough to make some bells fit them as not to bad for 250 for the discs

3. You could got some made up easy enough ... Aslong as you are ready to pay £££££

I'd say £400-£500 for a set of bells

4. I've got a set of 356mm ap's on mine. The bells were made as a bespoke item.

fly63142.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

lee

5. They look really smart lee.

6. Thanks just waiting for a new set of rotors to arrive as I have warped one.
    Plebe.

7. They look awesome! I really dont need big brakes - Just love the look of them!

8. I'm in the market for a big brake kit and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of who manufactured your bells and spacers?

Can you remember how much it all cost?

Cheers for the info

9. If anyones interested we do the KSport 356mm 8Pot big brake kit for the Megane.

[​IMG]

KSport big brake kits provide the ultimate in stopping power for your vehicle. Integrating new brake technology into the design of the kits allows for a kit that highly reduces brake fade and continually cools and refreshes the brake pads surface under braking. These brake systems are designed for easy installation with minimal tools required.

KSport-2_large.jpg

The KSport kit includes

The kits are comprehensive and include everything you need to fit the kit bar tools and fluid.

• Pair of lightweight calipers
    • Pair of race specification heavy duty brake rotors
    • Pair of lightweight CNC machined aluminum bells
    • Pair of steel caliper brackets
    • Pair of braided brake lines with banjo bolts and fixings
    • Full fitting kit

Various pad options available detailed below.

Lightweight Caliper

Our extreme lightweight caliper comes in differential bore configuration. It is machined from aircraft quality billet, weighs just over 5lbs. each, and has machined in protection grooves for the bridge tubes. Aluminum pistons, high temperature seals, and stainless steel brake pad wear plates are also standard on each caliper design. The opposed piston caliper design greatly improves pad wear and caliper rigidity over the OEM design. The stainless steel brake lines stop expansion under pressure.

The 8 pot calipers that are supplied with the kit feature a brake pad surface area that's nearly twice the size of the OEM Brembo pad.

High Performance Rotor

The 2-piece disc assembly which reduces weight both rotating and unsprung. The 2-piece design also stops thermal stresses of extreme heat from warping the disc or cupping the braking surface. The unique slot design on the rotor greatly reduces braking noise and expels gas and pad debris faster than conventional slot designs. Every rotor is always heat treated and balanced before shipment for the best possible performance.

Kits are priced at £970 including UK p&p and are available in a full range of colours.

The following pads are available for the kit at the extra price quoted.
    (please note that although available separately these pads will not fit the OEM Brembos as they are almost twice the size)

KSport UK sourced compound.
    Excellent fast road and mild track £75

EBC Bluestuff
    Good cold bite, excellent hot fast road, track and race performance £1

Ferodo DS2500
    Excellent fast road and mild track pad with superb cold bit £240

Performance Friction 01
    Class leader for fast road and fast track use. £330

If anyone has any questions then fire away.

10. Would those Disks work with the normal caliper? If so how much is it just for the Disks as probs get more slaes that way?

11. Can't be 100% sure on that, you can buy the disks and bells separately but they are reluctant to sell the braket separately.

12. The kit represents excellent value for money. When you look at the prices charged for 330mm disks you can easily see that for not much more you are getting a serious kit that includes braided lines and a calliper that provides considerable performance over the Brembo

13. Yeah is good value but i like the brembos lol, If you could find out if they will sell the disks and brakcets/spacers needed and price if they will that be good as im looking for a bigger brake kit

14. Same here, I'd like to keep the Brembos as well if possible?

15. as i understand this correctly, this kit is only for 225 and not for 250/265?

16. Also, what's the clearance like on standard 18's? I'd like the choice of swapping back from 19's if possible.

17. clearance should be fine as Lee run's these size on his 18's

18. Not available separately I'm afraid. I can see what else is available.

Correct, the kit is only available for the 225/230

As Strell rightly points out these are for 18" and above, with 19's you could fit a massive 400mm kit.

19. Wow, those ebc bluestuff ones are really cheap :wink:

20. Lol, that's a typo, they are £120 :wink:..

If 5 people wanted the full kit I'd happily throw in the ksport pads for free.

Just checked to see what else is available, AP don't have an off the shelf 330mm disk for the Meg, they have a disk that's about 2 mm smaller so that's no use to anyone.

Tarox also only have a OEM size disks available, both are an improvement over OEM but obviously not larger.

I'll keep looking as whats currently available as just disks and brackets seem far too expensive IMO. I'll have a word with DBA see if something can be sorted there.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  21. The K-sport kits are big in the Subaru crowd

They would look very nice tucked under a set of 18's

What are the k-sport pads like ? Compared to say the ds2500's on track ?

22. The KSport pads are a pretty good fast road pad if you are mainly using for the occasional trackday , obviously the DS2500 are better but tbh if these were going on my Clio (got 17's at moment so no go as yet) i'd opt for the Bluestuff.

23. Yea I've looked at the blue stuff , seem pretty good value for money .

Where do they sit in the friction level compared to ds2500's ? EBC state they are race compound ?

The ds2500's are very kind on your rotors , I've done two trackdays with mine on 330's and the rotors still look new . I wouldn't want to fit blue stuff and destroy the rotors .. Especially if they were 356mm lol

24. You'd have no problem with your disks using the bluestuff, the blues work from cold much better than the DS's but you do suffer from more dust on your alloys. I'd say if you are comfortable with the DS2500 then stick with them, EBC have always had lovers and haters. . lol

25. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

26. Looks like Godspeed 330mm discs are the best value then at 500, how much the ap racing disc?

27. At the moment yes, the AP kit is just over £500. I've just had a chat with a contact about the possibility of getting a 2 piece 330mm disk kit made up so we'll sell what price they come back with.

28. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

What's the advantage of 2 piece discs over 1 piece?

29. Could be good, il hold off ordering a set until we hear from you about yours

30. Better cooling ability as air can flow between the 2 pieces.... I think.

31. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear back.

I am also having a 330mm 8Pot brake kit developed similar to the KSport kit but branded Cazan Racing, the calipers for these will be available in Red, Black as standard but also with the option of the Renaultsport Colours including Liquid Yellow and Alien Green

32. Personally i wouldn't bother with the 8pot as the brake caliper is good enough and you wont get many people to buy them. Just make the 330mm disc and send out a sticker to replace the brembo one :smiley:

33. Lol, i like the sticker idea. I agree that most people will want to stick with the Brembos as they are a great caliper and will want the reduced cost of just a 330mm disk.

I have got quite a few pre-orders though for the 8 pot 330mm kit, the stopping power with twice the pad surface area over the Brembos will be very noticeable and ideal for track addicts (or posers lol)

I've also got a 330mm 8Pot kit coming for the Twingo.

34. Fair play if you got some orders in :smile: maybe if you can get some 330mm disc send out a sticker with them :smile: Yeah i use mine daily so would deffo be overkill on the road

35. I'm intrigued with the options available seeing as I fit into the poser category! ;-)

Could you give me a rundown including the 400mm option.

36. A few options available from KSport, standard colours available are Black, Red and Orange

KSport 380mm 8pot Kit - (19" Wheels) - £1899
    KSport 400mm 8pot Kit - (20" Wheels) - £2449

Our own kits will be available within a few months and will be the same specs as the KSport kits but as mentioned they will be available in the Renault colours.

I also fit into the poser category if i'm honest... lol

37. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I would be very interested in a 330mm + set of discs, I am needing new brakes after cooking them at Bedford!

38. I always thought K-sport where chinese made?
    id also like AP discs 330mm and get longer caliper bolts and spacers for the brembo caliper
    failing that think i might get Godspeeds 330mm kit