250 Bebadge?

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Charlie Howard, May 22, 2018.

Tags:

Do you prefer the Megane badge on or off?

1. Keep the badge

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Debadge

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Simple question, I like it with and without the badge but wondered what you all thought?

2. I've thought about spraying the Megane badge black but it'll be a fiddly job even with Plastidip or peelable paint, so will just take it off at some point.

3. I like the badge i just wanted it the right colour instead of the chrome Renault always insist on

30623953_10156304967123044_256821562887009521_n.jpg

Pyper likes this.
  4. Yeah me too. I've seen mention of a guy on a Facebook group (either RSMegane or MeganeSport) that can do the black RS badges with matching body-coloured Renault Sport lettering. Don't know his details though or if he still does them.

5. g
    Guy called Matthew Haywood does them mate probably best to message him theres a few Matthew Haywood's lol. They guy is from Essex or search for him in the group on FB.

Theres no way i could paint it better so was happy to buy off him.

6. Charlie Howard

You could take it off and then spray it, that would look nice. Easy to reapply with some 3M tape.

7. Charlie Howard

Yeah I'm going to get one of his for the RS badge but I mean the Megane badge. Now the new RS badge is out, do you think that looks nicer than the old one on the MK3?

8. Not sure about the new badge yet not seen it enough im sure it will be ok though.

In regards to the megane lettering when i got my car home once purchased, first thing i did the same day was take the megane lettering off. Rear looks less fussy and cleaner.

9. Charlie Howard

Yeah I think I might take the Megane badge off, going to get a black RS badge, probably stick with the same style. I like the new diamond logothey have on the F1 team but I don't like the font they've used for RS.

10. Nice to see some people can't work out the difference between the Megane badge, and the renault sport one lol

Molesyy and Charlie Howard like this.
  11. Guess that was aimed at me lol.

Your right i read it in a hurry as had a quick look at work haha

I just assumed it was about the RS badge as the megane lettering is a no brainer who doesnt remove that.

12. Charlie Howard

I haven't removed it on mine yet! But who removes the RS badge?! I would never remove that, well apart from putting the black one on lol

13. I like the RS one just didnt like the chrome as you say so swapped it haha

14. Removing the MEGANE badge is the best mod that you can do

Canky likes this.
  15. Charlie Howard

I'm getting a pretty clear answer here lol

16. Hi what's the easiest way of doing this ?

17. Charlie Howard

Heat it up with a hairdryer and then use something plastic to pry it away, don't use anything metal! You could scratch the paintwork. Then clean away the tape with something like IPA.