BC Racing DR/DS coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Si271, Jun 24, 2018.

1. I've just ordered a set for my R26, has anyone else got them, if so......just wondered what a decent set up for our wonderful roads would be.
    Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. These turned up yesterday. Very happy with the build quality and the look of them! You even get some nice stickers! [emoji848]

Having them fitted on the 20th, and having the car corner weighted on the 23rd. Can anyone suggest good damper settings for road use initially?
    Thanks in advance,
    Si 4c86d3e276c68ceca1d8b1888ce7f08c.jpg 9284e23f704f73966f957610154e3183.jpg 7e71e5a6ee7ef5de7b8d5fdff3b03630.jpg 2abe44aab8fcc0fee43c260cf647926b.jpg b8624ffb8a4c9de590d0555769626a58.jpg

3. Lot depends on your vehicle weight, ride height, bushes etc but if start with 6 clicks from full soft and increase each time drive you’ll soon find a region that works for you

4. It's an R26, not stripped out yet due to still ferrying a 2yr old around, but quite a few mods. It's sat on Cooksport springs at the mo, can't really go much lower due to the front end scraping going on and off my drive, although I have a proper race splitter on order, so hopefully that'll remedy the scraping! Wheel wise it's sat on Pro Race 1.2's with ns2r's. I'll do as you suggest and see how it feels.
    Thanks for the reply bro,
    Cheers
    Si

5. I run them on a Megane 250 - Bobsan is right start on a soft setting and turn them up, maybe 5 notches at a time so you can be sure to feel the change.
    I run on setting 5 on the street and 20-25 on track days. My car runs a full interior.

Attached Files:

6. I run mine 8-10 clicks from soft on front and 5 clicks on the rear on the road.

7. Got them fitted now, running 3 from soft on fronts and 8 from soft on rear. Combined with the very stiff sidewalls on the ns2r's it's very stiff, almost back breaking at slow speed around town. But once it's opened up a bit, they're great! The car's handling is something else compared to the already great handling as standard. Along with replacing every steering component, inc a new steering rack, I've now got huge confidence in the car's abilities. A few more bits to do, and then I'll start getting it onto the track.

8. you running factory anti-roll bar or uprated ??

9. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

What spring rates and model did you go for? There's no way they should feel back breaking even with relatively stiff springs!

10. Went for the DS Series, 8kg front/7kg rear. Just been out for a yomp in it and starting to get used to them now. Had Cooksport springs on previously and found them quite comfortable in comparison. Very happy with the coilovers, just a hell of a lot stiffer now!

11. Just the standard R26 roll bar. Would like an uprated one but struggling to find them. Any ideas?

12. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

The digressive damping won't help with comfort on the road, that's definitely far more of a track-focussed set-up. The 7kg rear springs are stiff and the digressive valving of the DS series will make it quite aggressive for the road.

The digressive valves will help on-track, so will the fairly stiff springs but it may be a touch over-steery without stiffening up the front! :blush:

13. Stiffening up the front? Stiffer springs? Or dialling in more adjustment? I was led to believe that a slightly softer front end would help with weight transfer and more initial grip during the turn in? To be totally honest, coilovers are a mystery to me, this is the first set I've had fitted. I've read a lot, trying to gain a little knowledge of how they should be set up, but all I've really learnt is that it's all down to personal preference. So, on that basis, any suggestions and advice from people who use them and know what they're really talking about would be massively appreciated. Thanks for your input and help! [emoji3]

14. I did toy with the idea of a 7kg front/4kg rear set up initially, but as I eventually intend to strip the car out, add a cage, a decent driver's seat, harness etc, and start to do more frequent track days, then I thought a more track focused set up would be best to start with. I now just have to persuade "she who must be obeyed" to think about a bigger family car, allowing me to tear mine apart! At the moment I still chauffeur my 2yr old "drain on my resources" , (daddy's little princess!), around for a couple of days a week while The Boss is at work, so the back seat is still needed for the isofix points. [emoji849]

15. Just remember when you lighten a car the effective spring rate becomes stiffer as you have less weight to support.

I have the 7 kg front 4 kg rear springs and just won my class on 28 July. I also have a stiffer set for rear springs which I will try out probably next year, think they are 5 kg.
    I also run front and rear Super Pro anti roll bars from Australia - they are also available in the UK from -K-TEC racing.
    I also have the rear shimmed to 2 deg negative - this helps in tight events like Motorkhanas.

Si271 likes this.