Battery fitting Tricle charger.

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by NotaDiesel!!!, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Hi,

Once I can get the cover off without breaking the clips.

An I okay to disconnect the battery to connect up clips for a CTEK charger?

Used to BMW's where disconnecting the battery upsets things?

Am I OK with Megane?

2016 Cup-S

2. just clip it onto the battery and leave the battery as is (connected) won't do any harm.

3. that's what i have and use

4. Connected it up yesterday. Left for about 4 hours. Fully charged.

Today the stop start was very active!

5. Have one on mine too with direct connections bolted on and the plug under the bonnet. I don't use the car over the weekends much and also over Christmas for a week. Just left it trickling away and as you say start stop functions far more frequently and quicker from starting.

6. How did you connect to battery was there an order? Did you fully disconnect the battery? This does not result in anything having to be recoded? ( BMW's need everything coded... battery changes inc)

7. The
    The plug has two terminals on it. Undid a couple of nuts one positive one negative put rings on job done. Leave the plug under the bonnet then connect when needed. This is the cnnector I used

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/b...6sUM3AgddMJ0CVtezQ4fd6Aj2VATEBogaAroAEALw_wcB

No need to disconnect the battery at all. Not sure what you mean about coding.

8. OK Ta.

BMW's need software updated with new part info on anything replaced for it to work or not throw up fault lights. I diid not imagine Renault was as sophisticated (or as mercenary)

9. All you are doing is connecting a battery charger not replacing anything.