At last bushes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by MJ57, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Great mine yesterday too, thanks Angel

2. Are you guys getting black ones or the purple?

3. Finally! Ive been moaning to powerflex ever since I got the megane about a bushes set for the mk2

even for track use black is very hard and certainly to much for road so I'll be going for the softer purple bushes.

4. Can be time consuming and often involves fire. And swearing.

5. steve likes fire:rolleyes:

6. I changed the rear axle bushes on my Golf to purple poly ones last week. I think it took me around 2 hours to do myself, including putting my tools away.
    That was on a 2 poster ramp and used a gearbox jack to support the axle.

7. Also shows camber bolts on the powerflex site :smile:

8. Lol, it's the latest craze, must order a set,(NOT)

9. as we discussed mate, leave it alone :cool:

10. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

power flex said unless you live on track the black will be too hard. they did say you could run the front ARB bushes from the black series for road though..

11. Lol, you'll need some front ARB bushes as well now MW

12. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Are there two different sizes in the front ARB bushes? - I've read the below on Cazan Racing:

"Please note: These are only for the 20mm anti roll bar as found on the Megane RS225/230 without cup chassis. They will not fit the 21mm anti roll bar as found on the the R26 or cars specced with a Cup pack."

But I can only see the 20mm bush size online.

13. That's why you can only see 1 size gray as there is only 1 size 20mm

14. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

They have a few bits not out yet Gray, iirc they have the other size just not online yet, same with the gearbox mount not on the ph1.. (One with the cross shaped construction)..

15. I'm in for a proper review of this bushes. I pretty much doubt they will make any visible differences to the rear beam axles our cars is using, but let's see what people has to say. Also I'm very interested in the amount of squeak they are going to do after 3 months of road use.

Speaking with Ads, he told me that they never sold rear bushes because they never wear out (except going 300k miles), so they see pretty low load. That tells me the bushes will make pretty small difference.
    And if you want to go a little tougher but still keep rubber, you can use the Megane 3 bushes. The dimensions are (needs to be tested althou') the same.

I've seen people speaking here about the amount of difference this bushes made in they've VW. I still have hard time find which VAG car has a beam axle or they never looked under the Meggy. :smile:

S.

16. I polybushed all my skoda and it made a huge difference. That had a solid beam axle

17. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

They've not released it for the Meg yet have they? Even though it's the same iirc...

19. matt e

The lower engine mount is the same as the 197/200 (using the old style link) but they only just released that.

The rest of the powerflex range for the meg should be out very soon though

20. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

21. Great that they are finally available for you guys :smile:

22. For those that havnt seen the other thread...

The moment some have you have been waiting for:

We are pleased to announce a new Powerflex vehicle application listing for the Renault Megane II that includes new suspension and engine mounting products. Many of these parts are cross referenced to other Renault models including the Clio III.

For the suspension we have made adjustable options for the front arm.

On-car adjustable camber bush PFF60-501G fits the front arm front bush. The bush comes with new Zinc plated outer shells, offering additional support, and our uniquely blended high performance black polyurethane with grease retaining bore. The stainless steel on-car adjustable sleeves aids making the geometry adjustments allowing 1.5° of adjustment using the supplied spanner.

PFF60-502G front arm rear bush offers caster adjustment to help with turn in and anti lift properties giving additional traction. The new anodised aluminium outer shell supports the polyurethane bush, the adjustment coming from stainless steel offset sleeve giving 0.75° extra caster.

The available suspension bushes are (please click on the link to see further info):

PFF60-501 Front Arm Front Bush
    PFF60-501G Front Arm Front Bush, On-Car Camber Adjustable
    PFF60-502 Front Arm Rear Bush
    PFF60-502G Front Arm Rear Bush. Caster and Anti-lift
    PFF60-503-20 Front Anti Roll Bar Bush 20mm (for Cup models and R26)
    PFF60-510 Rear Beam Mounting Bush

Their is also now a gearbox mount bush:

PFF60-525 Gearbox Mounting Bush Insert

The full range can be seen here: http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/bushes-5138-c.asp

For vehicles used in Motorsport or predominately on track, these new bushes are available in the Black Series range, manufactured using Powerflex's 95 Shore A compound that boasts 25% increased stiffness over the purple 80 Shore performance material.

RSMEGANE members can get a 10% discount on our web prices by using the discount code: RSMPF10

UK mainland delivery is free. If you require black series bushes please PM me.

RenaultMegane2copy.090259.jpg

23. Arhh! i have the vibratecnic rear bush on my arms but the powerflex offer castor!

24. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

#Dilemma :smile:

The first product to offer caster adjustment on the Megane!

25. I had the castor adjustable ones on the Clio set to maximum and the difference was immense. Turn in was so much more instant and presise. The Anti lift was also noticable on hard acceleration.

26. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Sell me your vibes cheap and buy the powerflex :wink:

27. I think I'll get the lower arm set and two new lower arms to fit them to.

I take it they do them in the Black Series too Angel ?

28. They do indeed, we havnt got them on the web yet but I can do as before and send you a PayPal invoice

29. I have the same problem.
    Such a dilemma!!

30. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Arm bushes oooooooooh!

31. matt e

how hard are the ARB bushes to change?

32. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

^^ Interested to know that as well.

How hard are they to adjust to get the geometry correct?

33. The arms need to be removed in order to fit the bushes. A press is also needed to remove the old bushes and insert the new ones in.

The adjustment of the castor is done when you insert the bush. The bush has an off center metal adjustable rod that can be positioned to set the castor. Setting to maximum is very easy and straight forward when following the enclosed instructions. If you wanted to readjust you would need to remove the lower arm in order to do this due to the positioning of the bush.

The camber adjustable lower arm bush can be adjusted on the car in situ with the adjuster spanner provided.

34. matt e

ARB bushes not arm bushes :cool:

35. Q - I've an 08 Mk2 with 170,000KM on the clock, no issues (aside from the pulling to the left mostly but hubs are on my to-do list this summer)

I don't track the car so would the suspension bushes be of any benefit? Even for just a refresh after 6 years?