R26 Another window problem....

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mark B, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Hi guys, my drivers window has started playing up again. It goes down but it won't go up! Pressing the up button either does nothing or drops the window a bit. I can hear the motor trying but it's like the window is stuck. After 5 mins of trying yesterday it finally decided to close.
    I fitted a minicube earlier this year so I'm wondering what else it could be.
    Anyone else had the same problem?

2. OK had a look this morning window went down and is stuck down.
    I've been on numerous forums over the years for different cars and they all have their exaggerated 'scare stories' but until now none of them has ever happened to me.
    In 11 months this car has needed both front hubs and now the windows are fked for the second time.
    What a piece of fking junk.

3. Hi, the link shown is for the window equipment, if you want a regulator why don’t you just go to Renault for the retrofit on the windows. Around £120 with a 76% discount by Renault. They replace the wiring loom and regulators.
    Ps I did this and still have the complete items from my broken for parts R 26 but the passenger side.

4. Thanks I didn't know you could go to Renault. I've calmed down now so I'll have a look at the voltage at the switch and the door plug before pulling anything else apart.

5. Renault replaced the looms and regulators on my R26 but it cost about £300 even with 76% off!!

6. Took the door panel off today, problem was the minicube I fitted in the summer.
    Water had got into the connectors and one terminal had pretty much corroded off. 2 New minicubes ordered - this time the XL version with the trailing cables rather than metal pin connections.

7. I wrapped a latex glove around mine, seems to keep the water out, shit design in the first place.