250 Airtec intercooler + refitting plastic air scoops?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Ben Jones, Feb 10, 2018.

1. 63137012-035A-44CA-AC62-E8985B1B1B89.jpeg
    Just fitted an airtec cooler on a mk3 rs250. Before I put the bumper back on, I don’t seem to be able to fit the 2 side plastic air scoops now due to the cooler being bigger than std, do I leave them off? Also the top plastic but doesn’t have anything to air on without the two side bits that it usually clips to, does that also not go back on?

2. Should fit, they are nessesary to force air flow through rad and not escape around side or over top

3. What I was eluding to was if there’s a gap between IC and water rad you’d need to fill it with something if not the original plastic bits, in my case I’ve sealed the sides from top to bottom with two long strips of sponge pushed tight into gap and then sealed the top with factory fit part

4. I see, I have no sponge so I'll have to source some and take the bumper back off another time. Guessing it'll be alright to drive round with just not running as optimal as it could do?

5. Yes the system will still cool itself to a degree, but ultimately you want the good high pressure of air entering the grill to have nowhere to go except across the various rads

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just trim them down and they fit fine. I have an Airtec on mine and did just that. No issues at all.

7. ye thats what I did in the end :smile: