Air con delete

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by ianplymouth, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Hi Guys
    I have taken the air con pump off of my engine and now need a pulley to place where the pump was, i did read somewhere on here where to get this from but I'll be buggered if i can find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

I think it was something to do with a Clio.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Clio Cup racer IIRC

3. Or 197 aswel iirc

4. 197 cup Ac bracket straight swap.

5. Cheers guys
    I have had a look and found a couple of part numbers
    8200509929 and 7703002150 x3
    are they the right numbers ????

6. Just to let you guys know of a really inexpensive mod for this, remove the screw in the middle of the clutch, pull off the clutch plate, remove the circlip and remove the pulley, you will more than like;y need to replace the pulley bearing, remove the big circlip so you can remove the electro magnet.

Undo the 6 bolts behind the pulley, then split the unit, it's in 3 bits, there is a green liquid inside so don't do this in the lounge :smiley:
    Using just the front section, clean and refit the pulley and circlip.

Got to be cheaper than the kit i found, if you want to keep the air con pump to refit later either put it back together or buy another one to split.

[​IMG]

Big Uno and Mikey4410 like this.
  7. Gonna give this a go! When you say you will need to replace the pulley bearing where do you get this from?

8. When i checked my bearing it was a bit notchy and loose, so i think it would have failed in the near future. the bearing came from my bearing and belt supplier, but if your bearing feels smooth, then you might not need to replace it.

Big Uno and Mikey4410 like this.
  9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

@ianplymouth how easily should the clutch plate come off

10. Hi Matt
    I did struggle a bit with mine, a good hammer and screw driver seemed to sort it, as long as you don't damage the pulley or the bearing boss the rest doesn't matter, the clutch plate sticks on the pump shaft, that's the problem.

11. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

gave it another go tonight and it came off with a few hits of the hammer, just need to get the old bearing out now and fit the new one

ianplymouth likes this.