225 Abs sensor clip removal

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by iiPaul, Dec 8, 2016.

1. I'm in need of fitting new wheel bearings to my 225, I know you get s new clip where the abs sensor clips into, I'm just wondering how you get said clip out without damaging anything?

03ac17259228597a7b80448a7e38d71f.jpg

Thanks Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hi Paul
    You are getting a new ring with the bearing, so don't worry about damaging it, the bearing is going to take a good press to get it out, be very surprised if you can get it out with a hammer, just make sure you put the new ring in before inserting the bearing, that slot your arrow is pointing at is a drain hole, the bearing holds the ring in place.

iiPaul likes this.
  3. Thanks Ian I'll pull the old one out :smile:

4. I think that is why they supply a new ring, you are not going to get it out without damaging it

iiPaul likes this.
  5. Make absolutely sure the new ring is in straight and perfect, and the bearing is the correct way round before pressing it home too!! If not you'll be buying another new one lol

6. Does the new ring clip/lock in some way? Is there anything under the ring and between the bearing that can get damaged before i go digging around trying to get it out? How do you know If the bearings the right way round?

7. It's loose in the hub until you press the bearing down onto it.
    Just make sure the 3 little tabs sit nicely in the hub to centralise the ring (don't crush them!) You'll see what I mean when you have it in front of you.

Get a paper clip and put it on both faces of the bearing,only 1 will be magnetic, IIRC it's the brown ring side. Double check though!

The magnetic side MUST be the same side as the ABS ring/sensor.
    If not you'll get ABS fault and will need to change the bearing again :pensive:
    Hope this helps!

iiPaul likes this.