300/300.... almost.

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by eddie ninja, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Picked up my meg from Andy @ ED today.

New hybrid turbo
    Nearly new Miltek exhaust
    Removed BOV
    Sports cat
    Remap

Now at 296.2bhp/307.3lbft

Bedford booked for Nov 5th. Anyone else going?

Got PS4s put on 2 weeks ago - am over Nankang NS2r’s and their winter dance of death! Have - as the cliche goes - transformed the handling - more grip/less noise/smoother ride - not tested them on track yet.

Gearbox oil changed - cured the missed gear issue.

New (cheap) stereo and cable so phone can now charge via usb. (this is a game changer!)

New stickers on front bumper after garage scratched bumper when putting on the PS4s!

Now just need to get right brake set-up/get the cooling ducting fitted and she’s sorted and I’ll never have to spend another penny on her.

Yea right.

Genty and Poppaboost like this.
  2. although the PS4's are outstanding on public hiway they're operating very much outside design window on track, let us know how get on after few good laps

3. I had to admit defeat and accept its more a road car and not a track car - I do half a dozen TDs a year and half of them were in cold and or wet weather.
    Mate in his mk3 Focus RS does the odd TD in them and they were very good.

And no I can’t be arsed to carry a set of wets ;-)

4. I did Donington in them in 30+c

They aren't track tyres but I was very impressed how well they held together, just remember to check your hot tyre pressures - mine were ridiculous after a 10 minute warm up

eddie ninja likes this.
  5. I'm looking at doing Bedford on the 5th, will hopefully know by the middle of next week, have NS2R to use if its reasonably dry.

eddie ninja likes this.
  6. Ha. This was my problem. You taking a spare set of tyres?

7. Just going to bring my daily wheels, I has the NS2R at a very soaked brands hatch at the start of the year and I might as well have been on road tyres, probably would have had more grip.