275 Trophy new owner

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Scottyboytrophy, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Hi folks! New to Renault ownership but very excited to be collecting my black 275 trophy build no 876. I also have a 300bhp widebody 2014 fiesta st featured in fastford mag earlier this yr so looking forward to comparing the performance of the 2 cars as they share many of the components like diff and big brakes.
    Some things I can't seem to find out about the megane is engine spec other than 2litre turbo, or how many built in total. I'e read there are only 96 trophy in the UK?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    I'l try and upload pics now lol
    20171101_203057.png 20171101_203016.png 20171101_183605.png

George@RTR Parts and Mikeyjp like this.
  2. Welcome,nice car,love my 275 Trophy. Gorgeous inside eh ?

3. I haven't actually seen it in the flesh yet, I live in Glasgow and the car is in Edinburgh. Cannot wait!

4. Welcome Scottyboy!!

I followed your ST build on the fiesta forums, its a total beast :smile: by far the best ST I’ve seen.

I had this one........

7F1F8FB1-48A9-46C4-ABB2-058CF4590038.jpeg

The ST is an awesome car and got me into trackdays. And that led onto a white 275 Trophy and I love it. Amazing on track. And lots of potential for modifying and improving. I guess you’ll be doing a bit of that...?

Attached Files:

5. Welcome along - good choice there :smile:

Yeah there was only only 96 registered in the UK.

6. Hey @VW TT, i recognise the fez! Thanks for the compliment mate. How to you find meg ownership? I'e already been looking at maps, intake and styling lol. I will defo do map and intake on this one and will be sticking with evolutionchips, they have live mapped all my cars with spectacular results but I don' want to mess with this one too much that's what the fez is for lol Thanks @Xanda73

7. I love the car. I’ve owned some nice cars over the years but nothing as focused and fun to drive. I’m sure you’ll love it.

Scottyboytrophy likes this.
  8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Id be very particular with who maps it tbh, Stick to those that are well known and know them.

Welcome as well, Think i know of your Fiesta as well

9. @-Jamie- yeah ive been obsessing about all this since i put an order in fir the 275 on Tuesday but I'll enjoy the car as is for a bit until Christmas is out the way. The fez is still a work in progress too.
    IMG_20171005_092557_412.jpg

James275, George@RTR Parts and VW TT like this.
  10. Hi scottyboy

Great looking car and hope you got a good deal at Arnold shark ! get yourself along to TartanTarmac next month - it’s moving to the riverside car museum this month (last Sunday in every month). All going well I’ll take a LY R26 along. Lots of nice cars and yours will look great there. I’m along in Motherwell so not too far away.

11. I work for Arnold clark so I got a great deal. I'm always working on a Sunday but I may get a day off to pop along as I follow tartan tarmac in Instagram and looks like some lively machinery shows up there. Thanks for the invite.

12. Excellent - no offence meant with previous comment ! They are Scotland’s biggest dealer so you’ll have got a great deal (especially working for them). Last month was a great turnout and a few Renaultsport owners were there. Lots of exotica too.

Catch up again

13. No offence taken mate I'm a salesman I get it all the time lol. A.C. isn' as bad as everyone thinks, its the service dept that pisses off my customers lol

14. Can anyone help? With my current golf r the race mode stays active even after stopping and starting again with the exception of the valves in the exhaust, they close and require opening again. With the rs does it reset to standard mode when turned off or does it remember and keep throttle settings and race mode active when restarted?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It will always default to normal mode when switching off/on. Throttle map settings should be kept once you select RS mode though

16. Resets to standard each and every time. Ha ha

17. Thanks fellas

18. Finally picked the trophy up today, bit underwhelming in outright acceleration coming from a 370hp golf R but boy does it feel special! Steering, suspension, everything I hoped it would be!

Attached Files:

VW TT likes this.
  19. Beautiful !

20. Looks good !

21. Thanks guys! It has much more road presence than I thought. Today is the last day of my 10 day holiday before going back to 6 days a week and Thursday day off so I'm going to take it out on my usual hoon route I take my 300bhp fiesta and kick it's head in basicly, try out the different throttle maps. Excited

22. IMG_20171110_110401_674.jpg IMG_20171110_104112_755.jpg Well I don't really need to go into detail because you guys know better than me how good these cars are but needless to say it is way better than I was expecting! What a driving tool! No regrets getting rid of the golf.

-Jamie- likes this.
  23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Campsies?

24. Cumnock muirkirk backroads

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ah other way then haha!

26. Looks very nice in black bud, what' the full spec ?

Didn't realise they only sold 96 275 Trophys.

27. your a lucky man,driving some of the best roads in the country.
    I live in Devon,and we used to enjoy quiet roads.
    Last couple of years,with development, the traffic his literally doubled,
    so spirited drives are almost impossible.

Look after that car,its value should go only one way, in the years to come.

28. Thanks mate! Has sensors, camera, no ohlins as far as I can tell, and all the usual, nav, cup chassis, akra exhaust, alcantara wheel and seats

29. Figured some classic renaultsport sponsors would help break up the black, what you think?

Attached Files:

30. How are you finding it when compared to the Golf R?

31. @DoubleD 2 totally different cars, the golf was mapped to 373hp and went like hell, did everything perfectly but was never exciting. I like to take my cars up some cracking b roads and in the yr I had the golf I took it up once, I always just took the fiesta. Had the meg just over 2 months now and had it up there over half a dozen now. It feels alot more special and is get engaging to drive. I got the same feeling from my old e46 m3.

trickmansa likes this.
  32. Wow even with that much power? I have read similar things before from others. I bet the interior of the Megane is a bit of a shock though after owning the golf?

33. Serious ?

34. @BLADESBLOOD Not entirely, jury is still out.
    @DoubleD I really don't have a problem with the Megane's interior, it looks special enough and all the touch points, especially the alcantara wheel, and seats are great.

35. Stickers...don't. tacky
    Interior.. love my interior..simple but classy and purposeful. That alcantara..mmmmm.

36. The interior works ok, but its way behind other cars in my opinion.