250 megane rear coils and front lower suspension arm

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Dazman, Apr 9, 2018.

1. My motor failed mot on a broken rear coil spring and a front suspension arm having excessive play in a ball joint nearside front lower.
    Can anyone help point me in the direction of a good place to get replacement parts as I've been struggling to find any other than lowering springs,
    Also with regards to the front suspension arm am I right in thinking that I need to replace the wishbone which has the ball joint on it ?
    Any help would be appreciated greatly

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

You dont need to replace the full lower arm, i can supply a pain of the ball joints for £140

As for the springs, Contact Paul @ Renault Parts Direct

3. I have a 265 cup rear coil spring that came off a car that had done 15k

4. Thats a relief, the whole arm was looking pricey, I may have to take you up on that

As for the spring I managed to find a pair for 30 quid that are from a low mileage car so might go for that, do you have the pair or just the one ? Would rather do both if I have to replace them

Also any guides or walk-throughs on here? Reckon I could manage it but alway good to know what to expect

5. APM

APM RSM Trader

Be aware Dazman they are the wrong type.
    You need the thread in type as per your first link which screw into the arm, however I cant comment on the quality of those as its not clear who makes them.
    We sell the Genuine Renault ball joints so if you get stuck give us a shout. You can order direct from our website and have plenty in stock. They go out same day and get delivered next day.

Also note price for a new rear spring Retails at £60.71 + VAT. Note there are different versions obviously based on chassis type.

6. I have a set if you want them. Can do them both for £30 posted? genuine cup springs.

7. Rear springs are really easy to fit if you have axle stands. Literally two bolts, one on each shock absorber then the whole rear axle drops down and the springs literally pop out.

8. Ah right okay thanks, what is your site ? I'll have a proper look when I get home as I'm doing it all on my phone atm

I've just committed to the ones on eBay , the guy says they were taken off a low mileage 250, would prefer yours but committed now :tearsofjoy: same price though

That's good , same as my old c2
    I assume the ball joint is just supporting the arms and car, undo the drop link etc unattach the old one and put the new one in

9. No worries bud. They’re here if you need them.