225 Trophy vs 250 Sport

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Neil Mackay, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Has anyone had experience of going from a 225 Cup/Trophy to a 250 Sport set up? Are the 250 Sport handling capabilities similar to the Mark 2 Cup cars? Interested in peoples comparative experience of the two cars on the road as an everyday car (not a track car as I've never tracked or would want too track), so don't really want to get too side tracked with "get a 250 cup" debate as I'm a middle aged man and am more of a cruiser these days with only the very occasional wild side (when there's no wife and children in the car) lol

2. I know don't want to get into a "debate" but for the difference in money, it is completely pointless not buying a cup spec car, and they will hold their value better

3. Hmmm may just opt for a well sorted R26

4. R26 is anything but a cruiser!.
    Hard suspension,and very sparsely equipt.
    Was designed to go round corners,and little else.
    The interior is light years behind the 250
    As a everyday car the 250 will win hands down,even though being a 3 door is always a pain, if regularly using the rear seats!

At least a 225 came with 5 doors..wont be as sharp as a R26 or 250.
    But can be bought for much less,and still be quite a capable drivers car.

5. What I am trying tying to establish, is whether a 250 sport with all the toys would be a comparable car to a mark 2 cup car day to day! But apparantly you have to be a complete buffoon to even consider not getting a 250 cup! I had a mark 3 dci co car for a fair while so totally agree with your comment about build quality compared to a mark 2

6. Looking through a lot of the historic magazine reviews, it looks as though the consensus is a 250 sport is more akin to a 225 Cup and the 250 Cup more like (but not as extreme perhaps) as an R26! Reminds me of the good old days of R26's being seen as waaaaay better than a Cup, F1 or Trophy........!!