197 -> 225

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Mike, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Thought I'd join up to the new site.

I've only had my Megane a few weeks, but prior to that I owned a 197 for almost 3 years so I know my Renaultsports :smile:

The car is a 225 Lux with cup pack, in Ultra Red, with 1 previous owner on low miles (25k). Just had a major service with Fred at BTM, with fresh belts/pump and fluids all around, so I should be all set on getting those miles back to where they should be! :cool:

Not many pictures yet, but I'll stick up a thread once I've had chance to clean it up with my DA and detailing goodies!

9216177781_210d657d4b_c.jpg

Look forward to meeting some of you at meets, I should be coming along to the graffiti wall meet in Dudley on the 11th. I'm also organising a Renaultsport sprint day at Curborough on the 13th August over on Clio197/200.net - if any of you are interested in coming along there are a couple of spaces left!

Mike

2. Nick

Nick RSM Moderator

Welcome mike, see you on the 11th

3. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

didn't even know u had a meg mike!

4. nice i like the black mirror covers!

5. Thanks mate. How you finding the 197? I remember you user from clio197.net - did you manage to thread your back seats back into place? Still trying to shift my spare set lol!

6. They're anthracite, it's the photographic wizardry by a mate that's made them appear darker lol!

I'm sure I've seen your 182 at a CS meet at the Red Lion pub in Newport - John Astley exhaust and green vinyl'd roof?

7. Nick

Nick RSM Moderator

Love it to bits, its my 2nd cup remember lol

I might still have those off you, I gave up in the end

8. Ah didn't know you'd had one before! I'm still loving the torque too much at the moment to miss the 197, but I'm sure I'll come back to one at some point. They're brilliant cars.

9. Nick

Nick RSM Moderator

Take it to RST you'll love it even more then :smile:

10. Ha I'm still in the 'honeymoon' period of having the new car at the min. Until I see a Stage 1/2 Megane at a meet...

11. Daz

Daz

Just check what colour your car is for me eh sport? :smile:

12. Daz

Daz

I want Anthracite mirror covers for the Trophy - I think they'll look great on Nimbus...

13. dont you dare!!!!!
    leave them standard looks way better oe on a trophy!!!!

14. Daz

Daz

But but but but.....!!!

Some of the Nimbus R26's look reaaaallly nice with them on! Am I not allowed to paint the calipers red either now?

15. your going into r26 rep!!!

16. Stevie

Stevie Events Coordinator

Welcome to the club mate, see you on the 11th :smile:

17. Daz

Daz

Eeeew no - Why would I want a mongy front end?