17" alloys for RS250

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by arch, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Are there any 17" options around for the RS250 ? I have a good few really good competition tyres from my Impreza that would be good to be able to use on the megane but they are all 17". I can get Impreza alloys which are 17x8 ET 48 to 52 (various types) 114.3 PCD but centre bore is 56.1 so. At be asking a lot to remove 10mm of material without affecting the structural integrity of the wheel so would rather find a straight forward option. I can get new TD 1.2's if needed but would rather not spend a lot on wheels until I decide if this will be the new race car.

2. Had a better look at the car tonight. Have not really been near since pic,in Glasgow it I picked last weekend. I am now not convinced that the Brembo's will clear with a 17" rim. I assume do the Brembo's were similar to those fitted to the Impreza STI and Clio 197/200 but they look significantly bigger. What size of discs are on the 250 and has anyone actually fitted a 17" rim with these Brembo's.

3. Disc's on the mk3 are 340mm, mk2 and Clio's are 312mm, the mk3 calipers are slightly bigger.
    Think Jamie runs 17's on track but trimmed the heads of the caliper bolts to clear the wheels.

arch likes this.